Predator helios 300 touchpad not working after taking apart

Fantasticllama
Fantasticllama Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello! this is my first post, i'm a pretty much new user of this laptop, and i had to take it apart for cleaning because i was having trouble with high temps (wich were fixed), but after closing it up i noticed that the touchpad didnt clicked anymore, wich is very weird since it still detects my finger movement and taps/two finger taps, but just doesnt click like it used to before taking it apart.
Is there anything i can do to fix this? 

Answers

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited July 2020
    Fantasticllama try to disassemble it again carefully and inspect the issue also you wouldnt need to fiddle with the touchpad at all just to clean the fans neither repaste the touchpad stands with the top chassis and keyboard did you took it all apart ? if this was the case it was probably not assembled properly give it a check also please provide your full model number good luck :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ. Besides what the colleague xapim said, have you tried to reset the battery?
    On some models, it is necessary to press the power for 12 seconds.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Fantasticllama
    Hello!, as  you suggested, i did not took apart the keyboard or anything, just opened the laptop from the bottom and made my way through the heatsink, that's why i find this issue so strange, since i never even fiddled with the touchpad.

full model name is Predator Helios 300 G3-572, and i havent tried resetting the battery, would that help with the non-clicky issue?
  • Scottyat5
    Scottyat5 Member Posts: 35 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Disconnect the AC adapter plug from the laptop. Remove the bottom cover to access the CMOS lithium battery on the motherboard, remove the battery for 1 minute. It will clear/ reset the BIOS settings and memory. While the bottom cover is off, inspect all your cable connections. Also look for any screws you may have dropped inside. You never know, just a quick look. Reinstall the CMOS battery, and put the bottom cover on.  Turn on the laptop with the AC Adapter plugged in, and enter BIOS by pressing and holding down the F2 key. Select Default setting then Save & Exit. Boot into Windows, goto Control Panel, Device Manager, under Human Interface Devices you should find Touchpad. Uninstall Touchpad. Restart/ reboot your laptop. Windows will automatically reinstall the Touchpad since it should be Plug and Play. Hopefully this will resolve the touchpad issue. You should also check your Touchpad setting / gestures as most boxes should be filled with check mark.
  • Fantasticllama
    Scottyat5 said:
    Disconnect the AC adapter plug from the laptop. Remove the bottom cover to access the CMOS lithium battery on the motherboard, remove the battery for 1 minute. It will clear/ reset the BIOS settings and memory. While the bottom cover is off, inspect all your cable connections. Also look for any screws you may have dropped inside. You never know, just a quick look. Reinstall the CMOS battery, and put the bottom cover on.  Turn on the laptop with the AC Adapter plugged in, and enter BIOS by pressing and holding down the F2 key. Select Default setting then Save & Exit. Boot into Windows, goto Control Panel, Device Manager, under Human Interface Devices you should find Touchpad. Uninstall Touchpad. Restart/ reboot your laptop. Windows will automatically reinstall the Touchpad since it should be Plug and Play. Hopefully this will resolve the touchpad issue. You should also check your Touchpad setting / gestures as most boxes should be filled with check mark.
    Scottyat5 said:
    Hi! thanks for the help, but i think you misunderstood the issue, my bad! the touchpad works fine, but it wont physically "click" (it will register taps though"
  • The same problem occurs when resetting the battery, as I asked before? Also, what happens when you change the touchpad to basic in the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)