XB253Q GX Image Retention Issues

STOPchris
STOPchris Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I had an image retention issue one time recently with the XB253Q GX. I was doing nothing more than sorting through games and tagging them in Playnite. The retention lasted a couple of minutes (probably at least 5 minutes) and then went away. There are a growing number of users (of this model) that are reporting the same issues: https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?p=54770#p54770

Answers

• Bend3r
    Bend3r Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited July 2020
    Hello @STOPchris, I also have this monitor and this "problem". I tried lot way to contact Acer to get a technical support asking like " whats can be happening to this model " but they just say to do a RMA or sent it to assistance for analyse. Some others users didnt get it "fix" or any analys by sending they monitors to assistence. So, didn't encourage me do that.

Well, why I said "problem" or "fix", cause I think it's a panel behaver —of course it's not ocurring 100% time or with high retetion or any more syphtom — alot of content on web say about image retetion or persistation on LCD monitors and how to deal with it.

Well, I am dont remeber when I gotcha my last image retetion, and I didnt to anything different with my monitor or change cables, everyting is the same, but I cannot ignore the big problem here: To pay a lot for a product and have issues using it. So, if you dont wanna to deal with it, and can get another monitor, refund if it's possible. —  Search for image retetion in anothers model, even those top sellers, high tier.

Some links maybe help you find more info about it

LCD Technology and Image Retetion

What is image retetion or burn-in ( BenQ )

PG279QE Image Retetion - I Recommend See Chief Blur Buster awnsers about it and do the test to know if it's a big problem.

Acer Community BR - I made a reply on this topic saying about it and explain the suggest from Acer USA to install the monitor driver and ICC profile color. By the way, even with the driver and profile color, I had image retetion.
  • STOPchris
    This needs to be seen. This issue is REALLY bad. It is doing this a lot now. This monitor is a lemon. I feel like I just threw money in the garbage with this monitor!
  • STOPchris
    The pitiful part is that Acer's own forums cause the image retention issue to appear! Their own forums!
  • STOPchris
    The issue appears to have something to do with the "super sharpness" setting. If I turn this setting to "off" the problem is REALLY bad and frequent. If I turn it to on, I haven't seen the issue yet. The problem now is that everything is "super sharp".