Nitro 5 AN515-54, 2 SSD & 1 HDD

Options
pdean8
pdean8 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi

Got the AN515-54 with a 256GB SSD in it, I added a Samsung 970 EVO Plus & a 1tb hard disk platter. When I switched AHCI mode on, I lose access to the HDD. is there anyway to run AHCI mode (better capabilities with the SSD) and still keep the HDD? Or will i need to switch the HDD to a SATA SSD?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Hello! Do it:
    a) if the sata mode is in rst with optane, access windows and uninstall the intel rapid storage programs or the intel management program. Also, uninstall the program from the optane memory.
    b) then, press windows + r and type msconfig, go to system boot and activate safe boot.
    c) access the bios, press ctrl + s and change the sata mode to ahci.

If the sata mode is already in ahci, just uninstall the intel rapid storage programs and then restart windows. Then check if the hdd appears here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • pdean8
    Options
    uninstalled RST as suggested. the HDD isn't showing in Disk Management still.

I checked the UEFI and its not showing the HDD in there at all
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    But does the disk appear in the bios information tab and in the device manager?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • pdean8
    Options
    Its not showing in either the BIOS or in Device Manager.
  • Pk2002
    Pk2002 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Did u check the hdd in other device,Does it work?
  • pdean8
    Options
    Yes. the HDD works in another computer that I have
  • Pk2002
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Did it show in the bios or uefi screen?? in laptop?

• Pk2002
    Options
    cause i am using a m.2+hddd in AHCI  mode and it works for me from begining
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Before connecting the ssd, had you disconnected the lition battery? Are you sure that ssd is not showing up here?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer