I have predator g5-793 73nz how to add another harddrive?

Jolits
Jolits Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi im new to this, i want to add another 1tb harddrive in my Predator g5-793 73nz. My laptop doesnt have frost core or optical drive. The place where the optical drive is empty. Can somebody advice me how to do this job? Shall i need special connector and casing? 
I already opened my laptop and took some pictures that may help to advice me. Thanks

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    It is possible, as long as you purchase a 9.0mm caddy similar to the one here:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    No! See that the sata connector is already soldered:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I believe that it will be necessary to acquire this piece:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Yes! These are photos of the model g5-793.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jolits

Tinkerer

Thanks is there special cable needed to connect the hdd to the mother board?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jolits

Tinkerer

Thanks so you mean that sata connector will connect to the hdd via caddy casing?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    I believe that it will be necessary to acquire this piece:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Jolits

Tinkerer

Ok thank you i will try to find this sata connector board here in my place if available. By the way, the photo that you send is from predator laptop itself? 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Yes! These are photos of the model g5-793.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer