Wrongly uninstaled XTU service factory undervolt (-0.125mv)

GabrielSimões1983
GabrielSimões1983 Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

Just as I received my notebook I have installed XTU... before I realized throttlestop would be a better option.
During the XTU removal I (wrongly) also removed the XTU service that came from factory and that did the -0.125mv famous undervolt if I understood it right.

My questions are:
- All this service did was to undervolt-0.125mv?
- Should I do a fresh install and do all from scratch or setting throttlestop to do undervolting (I am using -0.152) is ok and covers for all what the service did?

Regards
Gabriel Simões

Answers

• GabrielSimões1983
    edited July 2020
    I did a factory reset (alt + f10) and my impression is that the fresh install keps the drivers that I updated (killer, intel GPU) instead of doing a factory reset.
    Almost no updates for windows 10, so it seems it kept my updates as well.

I did a recovery drive as the first thing when I turned the computer on. Should I restore from there?

Also, I still don´t have any xtu listed in my installed programs and I believe it was there before I did a full XTU uninstall.
    I have launched a clear version of throttlestop and it shows an undervolt of -0.125. Should I trust it is working as expected?

Regards
    Gabriel
  • GabrielSimões1983
    edited July 2020
    Other signs that it wasn´t a factory reset: 
    - the background wasn´t reverted to the original, it stayed plain black which was a config I did.
    - predator sense didn´t revert to initialization sound on. It still initializes off (BIOS config?)
  • valandil1
    valandil1 Member Posts: 4 New User
    You can trust throttlestop.