My Chromebook battery isn't charging, no lights

WargamingEdge
WargamingEdge Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an ACER Chromebook CB3-532-C47C that I bought as refurbished in April 2020. The power/battery lights are no longer working and the Chromebook won't charge.
My charger works fine.
I tried the hard reset with no luck.
I cannot find any pinhole to reset the battery.

What would be the problem with the device?
Is this a common problem with these devices and are they easy or cost efficient to fix?

TIA
07/2020

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,627 Trailblazer
    The CB3-532 models have the power jack soldered to the motherboard, so it's not an easy repair if that's where the problem lies. Look closely at the connector. There should be a center pin that's straight and down inside the socket there should be a bit of spring steel that flexes out toward, but not contacting, the center pin. When you push your power plug into the jack the center hold contacts the pin and the outer surface is pushed slightly sideways by the spring steel. If the charger is good but there's something wrong mechanically with the power jack then it won't charge. There's really not a lot more that can be broken with these... Though a failed battery can act like the charger is bad.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.