Monitor hurting my eyes, best settings? Acer Nitro VG27

Options
ismail_chow
ismail_chow Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2020 in Monitors
So I recently bought a 27” Acer Nitro VG271Pbmiipx, Ive tried the lowest brightness and contrast and it still hurts my eyes, I asked other people to try it and it hurt their eyes too, what would be the best settings to change to? 

Answers

• ismail_chow
    ismail_chow Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Forgot to mention, after using the monitor my face feels as though it’s constantly frowning. I never had these problems with other monitors.
  • Nilachal01
    Nilachal01 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Getting same in acer nitro 5. Any specific setting needed?
  • KulkieT
    KulkieT Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    it has black frame insertion .try to turn it off,there migth be problem wtih dimming(flickering) some people cant stand it.1 had similar problem with samsung monitor.could not look at it for 
    try to use it with enough lighting in the room .replace unit
  • AdamTheDude55
    AdamTheDude55 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I bought a Acer Nitro and I was fine for the first three or four days, then one night I was on it for about 3 hours a bit longer then I should have as I was trying to stream a new Game, the next day - last night I woke up and my eyes were blurry, and have been watering, I adjusted brightness and contrast to a lower level, and now I am struggling to watch my TV, Going to take it back tomorrow, can't be bothered to buy a new monitor after this, I loose out on 120fps but I'd rather stick to my TV, had no problems with my TV. Absolute nightmare. There is flicker of light on these things, I believe the liquid crystal technology could be the problem.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    You might be running into flickering caused by the 60Hz/120Hz refresh of the monitor interfering with the 60Hz flicker of your room lights. Swapping out incandescent bulbs with LEDs can help that a lot, as can some of the compact fluorescent bulbs.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bahargul
    bahargul Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Check in setting bright and contrast option and adjust it for yourself