original bios download

vbraks
vbraks Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Where can I find the original Bios for Gateway DX4375G to download? All I can find is an update for P11-A3L which does not work.

Answers

• Why do you want to update the bios, even though it is a risky procedure?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vbraks

Tinkerer

updating bios is not generally a risky procedure when following mfgr's guide
  • What is the problem you want to fix with the bios update?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vbraks

Tinkerer

I was having intermittent post crashes, I then reseated the physical connections which didn't help, figured I try a bios update before I switched to a new power supply, that was my mistake because the updated bios does not work and i can't figure out how reflash the stored bios with UFADOS
  • So, you are not able to access the bios? Does the acer logo appear on the display?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vbraks

Tinkerer

I can get into the bios, there is a checksum error and defaults load, Gateway logo appears and starts automatic repair, then ends with windows "your PC did not start correctly" with the choice of restart or advanced options
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    I believe the L BIOS was to add support for versions of Linux, so likely won't help with your issue. If you are getting checksum errors at boot it's much more likely to be the CMOS battery finally going out on you. That should be an easy fix...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • vbraks

Tinkerer

and I was so hopeful for a couple minutes, nope not the battery
  • billsey
    edited July 2020
    Are you still getting the checksum error? Did you reset the BIOS to factory with an F9 then F10? If those are fine now then we need to look at the contents of your drive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    For the past three years, I had replaced the CMOS battery 5-6 times with an old computer, because of Checksum Errors. At first, a new battery kept the computer running well for a few months and then Checksum Error happened again. I tried to blame a not so fresh battery, but tested voltage was good. Later on, all BIOS setting changes could not be retain once power off. Reset BIOS to factory default did not help. Then I determined that the BIOS was going bad. Every time I booted up, I had to enter the BIOS and made some changes and save. Once booted up, everything was fine(Had to update date/time if surfing the internet).

That old PC is now in storage as the last backup.

• billsey
    I wonder if the CMOS battery case is failing... It looks like it's one of those standard plastic and metal sockets soldered to the MB. If you have access to the tools it wouldn't hurt to solder in a replacement and give that a try. If there's something wrong with the CMOS circuitry itself it's liable to not be worthwhile to put much more work into it.