Acer Nitro 5 2019 (AN515-54-53RN) Low gpu fan speed

Options
2»

Answers

• RenElite
    RenElite Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    UPDATE: Now my fans won't even reach 4000rpm on max speed. On auto it will only run at 3 digits rpm on idle. I guess its pretty much safe to say that my gpu fan is dying. This is pretty amazing for a 9 month old laptop.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong. Except that some users are complaining that fans don't slow down when the cpu and gpu are idle.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    @egydiocoelho please post the fan rpm table for this model here.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    check here @batmalin:

cpu fan true table for the model AN515-54
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Let`s hope that the OP will see that he doesn`t have an issue.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Aaronsean
    Aaronsean Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    Hi, I have the same model and am currently facing the same issue. Not only is my fan speed lower than before, its also causing some fps drops in the game. Like OP I used to get 6122 rpm for my gpu while on full load, now it doesnt go above 4615rpm. This issue started I think after my battery drained and I saw the critical battery symbol. Has anyone found any solutions regarding this?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Aaronsean Have you tried to disconnect and reconnect the lithium battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AaravShah716
    AaravShah716 Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    Options
    guys im facing issue just that the low fan speed is causing my system to overheat
    any help pls?
    and quick? 
    cause the temp is really very high for just using chrome

• OhBazza
    OhBazza Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options
    I have the same problem. i fixed it though just recently.. Opened up the bottom of the laptop and cleaned out the gpu/cpu fan set.

i used this video as my guide - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeaPRGr2Eac

but something he doesnt cover is that you can take the fans out of the case theyre just magnetically attached... take those out and i bet you find a couple hairs stuck in there or something.

i myself found an ENTIRE length hair from my girlfriend wrapped around the inside.   i cleaned everything off with a toothbrush and some rubbing alcohol and put it back together and shes running 6122's all day again on high. <3   hope this helps ..  

(IMPORTANT -- DO NOT BEND THE METAL CASING YOUR FANS ARE ATTACHED IN *************** this will definitely cause a slow down if you do ) 

ALSO - BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS MAKE SURE YOU HAVE HIGH GRADE THERMAL PASTE TO REPLACE THE THERMAL PASTE BENEATH THE GPU/CPU COOLING UNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<3
  • OhBazza
    OhBazza Member Posts: 20 Networker
    Options
    also quick side note - can mods notify people that this question has been successfully answered now?  idk if people get emails when threads get replied to that they need answers for ..

and also - there is gonna be a big ol bundle of dust muffins in them fans people be ready to laugh at how much it collects inside that casing.. i about died because it looked like my laptop sucked up a family of extra micro Mole babies with fur (yes im aware moles are naked when born. but yes this is gonnna be comical when you open your cooling unit.  man acer should give me a job. <3
  • f0ltz1e
    f0ltz1e Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have had similar problems, dropping frames while streaming, CPU / GPU temps rising, always having custom RMP settings set higher than they should be, but surprisingly fans stayed pretty quiet and still seem to throw a decent amount of hot ventilation output. When in reality they were almost completely clogged inside and barely performing. Couple months ago i also took my fans out to clean them and MY GAUUUUD. Shell shocked. Same thing, year of use so you don't really think about it but since cleaning my NitroSense its flawless, all my temps are back down ranging 40-50. I don't know if what i did was proper but about 20 Q-tips dipped in the lid of 99% Iso and absolutely baffled what kind of gunk i pulled out of the exhaust fins. Before and after pictures are so satisfying. Found this post because my GPU fan is now starting to get pretty noisy, but considering those fans play such an integral part of optimal performance that the $20-25 you spend for each fan is just like changing oil in a car to me. Expense you eventually get stuck with. Clean your ***** fans people! You'll feel accomplished and your Nitro will thank you. 
  • Unkn
    Unkn Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    @egydiocoelho please tell how you got in touch with acer