Acer Nitro 5 2019 (AN515-54-53RN) Low gpu fan speed

RenElite
RenElite Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited July 2020 in Nitro Gaming
Hello, I'm quite bothered with the fan speed of my gpu for some days now. For some reason, it wasn't able to reach 6122 rpm when my fans are in max. I can only get 5454 as its max speed. The Cpu fan speed doesn't seem to act this way however. Is this normal or should I be worried? Thanks in advance. 

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Some time ago, I asked the moderators if there would be any update of the bios for the model an515-54, to check this fan speed issue. They told me that version 1.23 of the bios, contains an update to the fan thermal table!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Does the same problem occur when restarting the battery? To do this, turn off the notebook, disconnect the power adapter and press the power for 12 seconds. Check if the problem still occurs and also try uninstalling the predator sense. Try turning on coolboost and changing the fans manually, to see if the problem still occurs.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RenElite
    Does the same problem occur when restarting the battery? To do this, turn off the notebook, disconnect the power adapter and press the power for 12 seconds. Check if the problem still occurs and also try uninstalling the predator sense. Try turning on coolboost and changing the fans manually, to see if the problem still occurs.
    I did everything that you said and still has the problem. Now my fans only tops at 5172, instead of 5484.
  • RenElite
    Can anyone help me with this?
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    I don`t understand your issue, both fans have different max speed values by design so what exactly is your problem?
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• RenElite
    edited July 2020
    batmalin said:
    I don`t understand your issue, both fans have different max speed values by design so what exactly is your problem?
    Well when this is brand new, my gpu runs the same speed as my cpu, even a week ago they run at the same speed. Now they run differently and the gpu fans is slower than it used to be. This night the max speed even lowered, now at 4918 rpm.
  • batmalin
    T. is important not the rpms , the tables in bios are different for gpu and cpu both have
    T. sensors and the bios controlls according the T. mesured. I don`t see any issue if your laptop doesn`t overheat.

• I also found no problem. Now, what happens when you put fans at full speed, in manual mode and with coolboost enabled?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RenElite
    I also found no problem. Now, what happens when you put fans at full speed, in manual mode and with coolboost enabled?
    The fans are at full speed at the pic. Even at manual mode, my fan never seem to reach its original speed of 6122, even when coolboost is enabled.
  • I found no problem. However, if the problem occurred recently, have you tried to restore windows to a date earlier than the "problem"?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RenElite
    I found no problem. However, if the problem occurred recently, have you tried to restore windows to a date earlier than the "problem"?
    Unfortunately, I didn't have any backup before the problem occured. Anyways, the fan became slower again, I think each time I use it the fan speed lowers by 200 rpm.
  • How fast is the fan reaching now? What is the version of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RenElite
    How fast is the fan reaching now? What is the version of the bios?
    My bios version is 1.05. My gpu fan got slower again, now just runs at 4411rpm.
  • batmalin
    RenElite said:
    How fast is the fan reaching now? What is the version of the bios?
    My bios version is 1.05. My gpu fan got slower again, now just runs at 4411rpm.
    At what T.?

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Some time ago, I asked the moderators if there would be any update of the bios for the model an515-54, to check this fan speed issue. They told me that version 1.23 of the bios, contains an update to the fan thermal table!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• I did not understand. Did updating the bios solve the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RenElite
    I did not understand. Did updating the bios solve the problem?
    It probably did. Because just a few days ago before the issue happened, the laptop updated. But ofc I never knew about it changing anything about the laptop fan speed. 
  • Which version of the bios have you upgraded to? 1.23?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RenElite
    Which version of the bios have you upgraded to? 1.23?
    Yes. I also noticed the fans was able to reach 5000rpm when my gpu reached 50° C which gave me relief since my fan wasnt broken.
  • OK! Now, after updating the bios to version 1.23, the fans reach the speed of 6122 rpm in the nitro sense, correct?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• RenElite
    OK! Now, after updating the bios to version 1.23, the fans reach the speed of 6122 rpm in the nitro sense, correct?
    It still isn't, but I wasn't stressing the gpu enough yet. The fans reach 5000rpm when the gpu hits 55 C