I Have and Acer Aspire TC-885-UR16, and sometimes the fan is quiet and sometimes its loud

I Have and Acer Aspire TC-885-UR16, and sometimes the fan is quiet and normal, and sometimes its louder than a 4 engine propeller plane. I noticed that it only happens when I play video games, but sometimes it makes a loud noise even when I am not on a game. How do I fix this?

FAQ & Answers

• tttttttttt Member Posts: 127 Skilled Fixer
    It may be a sign that the power supply is wearing out or something is not quite right with the power supply. This kind of situation may drag on for years. The condition will get worse with time. I had a situation like that with one PC. After two years (the power supply was still functioning), I decided I could not take it any more and replaced the PSU with a new one. The problem was gone since then. Can you positively identify the source of the noise? Power fan? CPU fan? Chassis fan? Graphics card fan? Sometimes, even an accessory fan (such as a mobile dock fan) can be very noisy too, disregard the size of the fan.
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 11,581 Trailblazer
    The fan speed is controlled to try and keep the CPU at a reasonable temperature. When you work it hard, such as playing some games, the CPU heats up so the fans run faster. It's perfectly normal and doesn't mean your PSU is going out. If the fans are running more than they used to it's usually associated with something else causing heat, like dust buildup on the fan blades or in the heat sink.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.