Acer Aspire E15 E5-575G-53VG Battery issue

Solta_Empire
Solta_Empire Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,
I have this laptop since 2018 everything was fine until this last days my battery level stuck on 94% and it shows (Plugged in) in Windows 10, and if unplug the power cord it shuts down immediately i tried charging it while the Laptop is off and the LED indicator keeps on Orange state.
I tried almost everything, i did reset the battery by the little hole at the bottom, i disassembled the laptop and removed the battery completely, i pressed the power button for 30 secs, i reinstalled the AC an ACPI Driver, i tried various sockets, i changed power plans.
I couldn't get another AC cord neither another battery because everything is closed in my country due to the current health crisis.
If anyone had this problem and solved it, please help me here!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open your browser. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity. Post screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Solta_Empire
    JackE said:
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open your browser. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Compare design capacity with full charge capacity. Post screenshot if possible. Jack E/NJ

Thanks for the reply,
    I did that and it seems that the battery lost half of it capacity 

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    >>> i reinstalled the AC an ACPI Driver>>>

I suggest again un-installing all the device drivers that you find in DeviceManager's batteries folder. Then exit DeviceManager but without trying to re-install anything. Then shutdown Windows normally. Turn it back on. If the battery level remains at 94% or lower plugged, this suggests the battery has developed a high internal resistance and can no longer accept or deliver to current needed to fully charge it even to 35.4Wh or run the laptop by itself. Then, yes, time to replace the battery. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• Solta_Empire
    JackE said:
    >>> i reinstalled the AC an ACPI Driver>>>

I suggest again un-installing all the device drivers that you find in DeviceManager's batteries folder. Then exit DeviceManager but without trying to re-install anything. Then shutdown Windows normally. Turn it back on. If the battery level remains at 94% or lower plugged, this suggests the battery has developed a high internal resistance and can no longer accept or deliver to current needed to fully charge it even to 35.4Wh or run the laptop by itself. Then, yes, time to replace the battery. Jack E/NJ  
    Thanks again,
    I did as you said above but still the same problem so i guess the battery is damaged.