No Bluetooth toggle on Acer Swift 3 SF314-41

pichaelmarker
pichaelmarker Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I've had the laptop about six weeks and had bluetooth headphones/speakers working with no problem.

Today I couldn't connect and bluetooth was switched off, with no toggle in the settings menu to switch back on. 

Bluetooth was also missing in dev manager (even after 'show hidden devices'). I have removed all drivers and tried reinstalling the Qualcomm Atheros driver from the Acer support page.  But after installing and restarting it doesn't show in either the programs list or the device manager. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. In the box that pops up, is SystemProtection turned on. If yes, click the SystemRestore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a very recent time date stamp ? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pichaelmarker
    JackE said:
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. In the box that pops up, is SystemProtection turned on. If yes, click the SystemRestore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point with a very recent time date stamp ? Jack E/NJ
    Yep, One from yesterday when I tried installing the Atheros driver and one from a few days ago (5th) for a Windows Module Installer. 
    Should I go ahead and restore to the second one?

Thanks
  • JackE
    >>>I've had the laptop about six weeks and had bluetooth headphones/speakers working with no problem.>>>
    >>>Today [8th] I couldn't connect>>>
    >>>a few days ago (5th) for a Windows Module Installer. >>>
    >>>should I go ahead and restore to the second one?>>>

Do you recall if BT worked on July 6th or 7th?  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pichaelmarker
    JackE said:
    >>>I've had the laptop about six weeks and had bluetooth headphones/speakers working with no problem.>>>
    >>>Today [8th] I couldn't connect>>>
    >>>a few days ago (5th) for a Windows Module Installer. >>>
    >>>should I go ahead and restore to the second one?>>>

Do you recall if BT worked on July 6th or 7th?  Jack E/NJ

It's just come back on, completely of its own accord...

I really am confused now. But at least it's working...
  • JackE
    >>>It's just come back on, completely of its own accord...>>>I really am confused now. But at least it's working... >>>

Try pressing the FN+F3 toggle key to see if you can make it disappear again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• pichaelmarker
    Nope, doesn't do anything!
  • JackE
    Then just trying pressing F3 key alone once without the FN key. It should toggle Wifi & Bluetooth off. Press it again, it should toggle them both back on.  Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Can you provide the model of the wireless network card? The 2004 version of windows, is having compatibility problems with some qualcomm atheros cards.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • pichaelmarker
    JackE said:
    Then just trying pressing F3 key alone once without the FN key. It should toggle Wifi & Bluetooth off. Press it again, it should toggle them both back on.  Jack E/NJ 
    On my model it's F2, which just toggles flight mode on/off. I've tried it but to no avail. None of the other F keys have the bluetooth symbol...

It's just gone off again. No idea what's causing it. I can see bluetooth in dev. management but no on/off toggle on the bluetooth settings page. I've also tried to update drivers again too, but they're up to date apparently.
  • pichaelmarker
    Can you provide the model of the wireless network card? The 2004 version of windows, is having compatibility problems with some qualcomm atheros cards.
    These are the listed wireless adapters in device management:

Thanks
  • JackE
    If you can see it in DeviceManager without a red or yellow warning, then right click on the BT module. Click properties. Click power mgt tab. Uncheck allow laptop to shut BT off to save power. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• What is the version windows? 2004?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lazyturtle
    lazyturtle Member Posts: 3 New User
    I'm having same issue with Bluetooth did you figure out how to fix this?
  • @lazyturtle What model is the sf314-41? if it's another model, create a new thread and add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lazyturtle
    lazyturtle Member Posts: 3 New User
    egydiocoelho model is Acer Swift 3 SF314-41-R3WZ 
    P/N: NX.HFDSA.002
  • @lazyturtle What model is the sf314-41? if it's another model, create a new thread and add me by putting an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Joedmin580
    Joedmin580 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho
    I'm having same problem, I have Acer swift 3 too. I have SF314-41-R6GP NX.HFDEC.007
  • Joedmin580
    Joedmin580 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Never mind, it's back. I reinstaled drrivers just to be sure.