Switch Alpha 12 Keyboard Not Working

Options
crypkema
crypkema Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My keyboard worked fine till this morning.  Now, the image shows the "laptop" image when the keyboard snaps into place, but nothing happens.  It still functions fine as a tablet, or with an external USB keyboard attached.

Yesterday, I had a Windows update installed.  I'm wondering if that is the issue, since I've been using this laptop for several years now with no issues.

Device Manager shows two keyboards as I would expect.  One is the Microsoft USB Natural Keyboard Pro that I'm using now.  The other is the Standard PS/2 Keyboard.

Any ideas?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Open ControlPanel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. In the box that pops up, is SystemProtection turned on. If yes, click the SystemRestore button. Click next. Select the automatic restore point with yesterday's Win10 update  time stamp? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• crypkema
    crypkema Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestion.  

I fixed it by installing the BIOS upgrade.  My assumption is the Windows update was assuming the BIOS was up to date with whatever driver they were installing.  I had version 1.01.  The current version is 1.06.  All is well now.

Chris
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Options
    Congrats. Thanks for report. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ