Battery capacity loss

epengMD
epengMD Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I just bought my Acer Predator Helios 300 (i5-9300H RTX 2060 variant) 18 days ago. Im using it for gaming 4-5hours daily with good temp control (not exceeding 67 degrees Celsius for CPU and GPU at max game settings). Im just wondering because the ads says the battery will last for 2-3hrs on surfing and youtube streaming, but my unit is lasting for only 1.5hr even at battery saving mode. I just recently found an option to check battery report using command and I found out that my battery already decreased in max capacity. My starting capacity is 58,027 mWh but now I only have a full capacity of 56,687mWh? Is this normal for just 18 days?  Thank you for those who will answer and stay safe!

Answers

• what is the exact model? example an515-51-75kz. Also, can you check battery wear with hwinfo64?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • epengMD
    epengMD Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited July 2020
    Sorry, I posted this question in Nitro, But my unit's exact model is PH315-52-54KC. Based on HWinfo64 my wear level is 0%. which one is the correct the battery report form command prompt or this report from HWinfo64? I checked my battery report now using command prompt again, it reached the expected Full capacity but it says 102% charged.
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    As long as the capacity stays 95% or more, don't bother. Most laptops/OS send signals saying battery is at 100% for any value between 95 and 100 (both end values inclusive). This is to keep battery from charging for literally nothing, and helps increase battery longetivity.

Mine shows a wear of 5% (2 years since i bought this laptop), and it keeps moving up and down. Like when i use it off charger for whatever reason and battery goes below 95% and connect back to charger late, it charges to 100% and the wear would go down to 1 or 2% max.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045