ConceptD 7 laptop Wi-Fi dropout

Options
IanR
IanR Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
Since new my ConceptD 7 laptop has constantly dropped its Wi-Fi connection. Even if I am right next to the router it does the same thing. I have no such problems with another laptop or other devices on my network. If I run the diagnostic option in Control Panel it usually states the problem found is 'Problem with wireless adapter or access point' is found and fixed. This very briefly connects the Wi-Fi only for it to drop again within seconds. I have checked the Acer website to see if an updated driver is available but no luck on that front. I am therefore having to use the laptop connected via a cable in a fixed location in my home which is very frustrating. Any ideas on a fix please?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you enter the exact model of the laptop and enter the model of the wireless network card? Example AN515-51-75KZ and AX200. It is important to clarify that the newer wireless network cards may have some incompatibility with older routers or modems. Therefore, I suggest that you disable WMM or QoS, WPS and put the password only in WPA2 on the router. Also, if the wireless network card is from intel, try updating the driver on the intel website.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IanR

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for your response Trailblazer. The model of the laptop is CN715-71P-79Y4 and the wireless network card is a Killer(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX1650x. Clearly not an Intel card. I am currently using WPA2 on my router and the other ones you mention are disabled. Hope this helps for any further suggestions.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Yes, it is an intel wireless network card. Try updating the driver here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • IanR

Tinkerer

Options
    No luck with the Intel drivers I'm afraid, only a Bluetooth or graphics card update was offered by the Intel analyser. Any further ideas please?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    It looks like Killer Networking issued a driver update a bit less than a month ago.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • IanR

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks billsey. I tried that this morning but unless I made an installation mistake, I seem to end up with the same driver which is an Intel one Ver 21.90.3.2 dated 04/05/2020. So I am still unable to connect via Wi-Fi. I have raised a query with Killer technical support to see if they can help. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens when you uninstall the killer networking program?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• IanR

Tinkerer

Options
    It makes no difference egydiocoelho unfortunately. I have tried this but thanks for the suggestion. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Try disabling WMM or QoS on the router and leave the password only in WPA2 as well.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• IanR

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for your response egydiocoelho. I already only have password in WPA2 on my Virgin router and unfortunately it doesn't have WMM or QoS settings to disable. 
  • billsey
    Options
    What outer do you have? Is it 802.11n, 802.11ac or 802.11ax? Which channels is it using the the 2.4GHz? Which channels for the 5GHz? Do you have other routers nearby that might be conflicting with the channels you are using? I wonder if there's a chance on e of your antennas has come loose from the card...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • IanR

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for your response. It's a Virgin Superhub 2 router billsey. As far as I can find out it supports 802.11b, 802.11g and draft versions (bearing in mind this router was released in 2013) 802.11n and 802.11n 5GHz. I don't have any other routers nearby. My Suface Pro and iPad and iPhone picks up the Wi-Fi signals from the router no problem.
  • IanR

Tinkerer

Options
    Many thanks to  billsey and  egydiocoelho. Your comment billsey about router channels and conflicts led me to download a Wi-Fi analyser and there were a lot of networks nearby with strong signals using Channel 44 which is what my 5GHz was set to. So I changed my router to the range of 40+36 and hey presto, a connection. I need to check out a prolonged connection to my laptop but it stayed connected for over an hour on test and the strange thing is it also connects well on the 2.4GHz band too. So fingers crossed and thank you both for your concerted efforts with advice! 
  • billsey
    Options
    Glad I could help. Many people never do the analyzer thing and just don't realize how busy it is out thee. :)