Switch 3 keyboard no longer connects

jmsantos
jmsantos Member Posts: 58 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, the magnetic keyboard on my switch 3 no longer works. I cannot find any hardware issue, but i press the keys and nothing happens. At first i got a message saying there was a problem with the last device and windows did not recognise it, but now not even that. I'm stuck with the virtual keyboard. The warranty lapsed 6 months ago. Any ideas? Thanks, Jorge

Answers

• what is the exact model? example sf315-51-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jmsantos
    Hi, in the quick guide it is written SW312-31.

Obrigado!
  • Can you inform the version of the bios?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • jmsantos
    Insyde Corp. V1.08, 10/08/2017
  • When you connect the keyboard, are there any drivers with problems in the device manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Did this problem occur after upgrading windows to version 2004? Can you access the bios by pressing the f2 key?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jmsantos
    I still have not upgraded to 2004
    And the f2 key does not work even at restart
  • Does this model have a button to reset the battery? Can you inform the model of the keyboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jmsantos
    I checked the manual and I don't think it does. There's only a small orifice on the left but that's for the microphone. The keyboard is the original one - it only says "Acer" and I cannot find any model number.
  • Have you checked the keyboard connector for dirt? Can you send a picture of the keyboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jmsantos

It is perfectly normal. I tried to clean but still doesnt work

• Can you send a picture of the keyboard's lower case?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jmsantos
    Is this what you want?
  • I thought there would be the keyboard model, in the lower case. Can you check if there are any devices hidden from the keyboard in the device manager? Does the same problem occur when updating the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    I think he meant pictures of the case where the keyboard attaches...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jmsantos
    Hello. This had never happened before.
    And I don't understand "hidden from the keyboard", Where should I find that?
    Thanks
  • billsey said:
    I think he meant pictures of the case where the keyboard attaches...
    Yes, I would like to know this here:

Somewhere, it shows the keyboard model.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jmsantos
    edited July 2020
    Letters are really small, this was the best I could get

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
  • Is there any information showing the model of the keyboard? Have you tried to disassemble the keyboard to check the connector?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• jmsantos
    I dont'see anything regarding the model of the keyboard, but I'm no expert. What exists is in the photos I sent. And There's no way to disassemble the keyboard - no screws, nothing.