I have a G276HL monitor that has no HDMI ports and is not being recognized via VGA on Win 8, a drvr

Options
TechAce
TechAce Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 23 in 2020 Archives
I have a G276HL monitor that has no HDMI ports and is  not being recognized via VGA on Win 8, a driver issue or??  It has a DVI port, but I don't have the cable from DVI to HDMI. It should still come up when connected to a Dell Win 8 via that VGA to HDMI cable.  Is that a common problem? Any ideas?  

Answers

• TechAce
    Options

G276HL monitor have an HDMI port and is not being recognized via VGA on Win 8, but it works fine with my DELL Win7 via the VGA to VGA port.  Don’t see Drivers for that monitor for Win8 on the ACER driver download site.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    Is the adapter you are using a VGA to HDMI or HDMI to VGA? They are different.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TechAce
    Options
    A cable with VGA on one side and the HDMI on the other.  The actual interfaces are on the monitor and laptop, no special adaptors being introduced in the connection. The cable itself is the adaptor to connect them together.  The monitor works with my DELL Studio with a straight VGA to VGA, but not with the new Laptop that ONLY has the HDMI to connect the second monitor.  

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options
    Remember that the conversion from HDMI to VGA is different than a conversion from VGA to HDMI. That's why the cables/adapters are different. One type will be significantly more expensive than the other, like $25 instead of $10.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TechAce
    Options
    Had to use an DVI to HDMI cable, since the monitor had the DVI port, and that worked.  The VGA port on the monitor doesn't work with my DELL Laptops. 
    thanks