Aspire 3 A315-53-51MQ not power up screen after 4gb ram upgrade

Sagor31h2
Sagor31h2 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
My laptop came with 4gb ram.i bought a DDR4 4GB 2400MHz ram,and install it.

now my laptop stuck not power up but power indecator blue led shows on.

if i remove the ram.laptop powered on normally.

what is the solution?

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it ***should*** be compatible. But a soldered DDR4 module can sometimes be finicky when trying to pair it with a replaceable module.  If it were mine, I'd contact the vendor and try to exchange it for another. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    You can't. Because your bus speed, not the RAM speed, is limited to 1200MHz speeds or 2400MHz for double data rate (DDR) RAM.  So a 2667MHz RAM module is supposed to automatically downshift to 2400MHz to accomodate the 1200MHz bus speed. Even if you put in a 3333MHz module, it would also downshift to 2400MHz to accomodate the 1200 MHz bus. I still think there was a problem with the other 2400MHz RAM module that you returned. Anyway, congratulations that you got the issue fixed.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Probably a defective RAM module. Return it to the vendor/seller as defective for a refund or replacement. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sagor31h2

Tinkerer

Thanks.they said me to go to the shop with the laptop.Is there any other chances the problem with the laptop?
  • Disconnect the ram. Then perform the battery reset and then connect the ram again:
    If it doesn't work, follow the tip from colleague JackE.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    >>>Is there any other chances the problem with the laptop?>>>

Only small chances. Did @egydiocoelho battery reset suggestion work? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sagor31h2

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    >>>Is there any other chances the problem with the laptop?>>>

Only small chances. Did @egydiocoelho battery reset suggestion work? Jack E/NJ
    didn’t work.

Is there any chance for completable issue?

Ram is "4GB PC4-19200 2400MHz CL17 1.2V"

is it right choice?
  • JackE
    Seems to match the Crucial specs. Is it also the higher quality single-rank module? What brand/model number? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sagor31h2

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Seems to match the Crucial specs. Is it also the higher quality single-rank module? What brand/model number? Jack E/NJ

is it ok?

• Sagor31h2

Tinkerer

This is official info

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Yes, it ***should*** be compatible. But a soldered DDR4 module can sometimes be finicky when trying to pair it with a replaceable module.  If it were mine, I'd contact the vendor and try to exchange it for another. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Sagor31h2

Tinkerer

Same ram?Same model? if this ram is not pairing, how Could another same ram completable? 😐
  • JackE
    Slight production variations can sometimes make a big difference in these newer higher speed DDR4 modules especially when they're trying to synchronize together. I think it's also possible that the module is defective. In either case, I think you should contact the vendor. Perhaps a refund might be better so you can try another brand such as Crucial which guarantees the RAM module they recommend for your particular laptop will work or a refund . Jack E/NJ   

Jack E/NJ

• Sagor31h2

Tinkerer

The problem was bus speed. They changed 2400MHz with 2666MHz.

Now its working.

But my pc shows 2400MHz.So i bought 2400MHZ.

Still shows 2400MHz.the question is, how can i turn on 2666MHz?
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    You can't. Because your bus speed, not the RAM speed, is limited to 1200MHz speeds or 2400MHz for double data rate (DDR) RAM.  So a 2667MHz RAM module is supposed to automatically downshift to 2400MHz to accomodate the 1200MHz bus speed. Even if you put in a 3333MHz module, it would also downshift to 2400MHz to accomodate the 1200 MHz bus. I still think there was a problem with the other 2400MHz RAM module that you returned. Anyway, congratulations that you got the issue fixed.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ