Swift 5, stiff FN key?

DrMC
DrMC Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi

I just got a Swift 5 14" (i5-1035g1).

I noted, that the FN key is very stiff, OR, it doesn't make a sound, something is off with it. Is that key suppose to behave differently, like, so that you know you are pressing it if it's dark or something?

I was just about to return the computer to the store where I bought it, but I figured I would check in here first, I just went through an annoying reinstall (clean wipe) so it would be nice not having to redo that. Going on vacation soon too, would love to bring the swift.

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020 Answer ✓
    That key should act physically like any of the other keys... I'd get the vendor to swap you out while you're still in the window.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example an515-51-75kz. As for stiffness, is this key really hard to press? Is your model still within the RMA replacement period with the seller?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DrMC

Tinkerer

I can't look at the computer now, but on the store homepage it says: NX.HU4ED.003 (I can look and be more specific tomorrow when I'm at home and can check).

I bought it yesterday, so I would believe there's still RMA/warranty left on it?
  • Can you record a video of the problem and post it on youtube?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    edited July 2020 Answer ✓
    That key should act physically like any of the other keys... I'd get the vendor to swap you out while you're still in the window.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DrMC

Tinkerer

They replaced it on place, without even really asking too much. Got a new one, we checked in the store directly and that one worked.
  • billsey
    Good deal then! :)