Sudden screen freeze on Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-43-R2WK)?

Options
2»

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Yong1031Updating the bios is a risky procedure. Because of this, I am not responsible for any damage. I also don't know if it will solve the problem. To update the bios, do this:
    a) uninstall the antivirus;
    b) disconnect all peripherals from the usbs ports;
    c) charge the battery to 100%;
    d) connect the power adapter;
    e) then execute the flash file of the bios;
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Atticus103
    Atticus103 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Im having the same problem! My laptop is brand new, I only had it for a couple of weeks and i can barely use it with all this freezing. I tried updating the Nvidia driver, while it definitely lessened the times my laptop froze, it has not completely eliminated it. I will now try to disable the hardware acceleration in chrome. hope this works!

Update: it has been six days since i disabled the hardware acceleration in chrome, and it appears to have solved the problem. So if you guys are still experiencing the same problems you can try updating your Nvidia Driver and disabling the hardware acceleration in chrome. 

Thanks to everyone who gave their suggestions!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You're welcome. Accept the answer that helped you solve the problem.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • spidey2
    spidey2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    GJG10 said:
    I think I know now the answer for this. Based from what I read on the Acer Nitro 5 group page in Facebook, he stated that it is  the Google Chrome's fault. It is some kind of a bug or glitch of the browser to the system. And I noticed, I guess he was correct since this issue happened when I was using Google Chrome and this never happened to any programs that I have opened aside from the browser. I don't know how to fix this though, but I'm glad it is not the laptop's fault but rather the browser's fault. 
    Hi, I also have the same problem on my Nitro 5 and when I saw your comment I immediately switch to Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome but unfortunately it still freezes. 
  • spidey2
    spidey2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    hismt said:
    @GJG10 thank you so much for the suggestion :') I read somewhere and it said that we can change graphic card for each app so what I did was, I change the preferred graphic card for my Netflix, Microsoft Edge and my editing software from (Acer recommended graphic) to High Performance graphic card. So far my laptop has not freezing yet. But if it does later, I'll try your method! thank you so much!
    Hi, I'm also experiencing the same problem and currently finding solutions on it. I'm not quite sure how to do what you just did. Is it okay if you explain it further? Thanks. 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @spidey2 He disabled this function:
    Chrome EnableDisable Hardware Acceleration

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Spritan
    Spritan Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hello everyone i also have struggled much with this problem after many experiments i have seen tat it is due to most chromium based browsers so turning hardware acceleration in your browser of choice should do it i had the same problem with Vivaldi, chrome, edge and also brave but turning off hardware acceleration in each was the cure so it. if the issue still remains try switching to Firefox and even than it remains than it may be a hardware related problem
  • davirocha
    davirocha Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    My model is AN515-51 and I use dual boot (Linux and Windows), but the freeze only occurs when I'm on Windows. On Linux it's smooth flying low. I tried several solutions like updating the drivers (I've lost count), formatted it about 4 times... anyway, all the drivers are in the latest version in Windows, but the freezing problem only occurs in Windows.

Andd there's more, when I force the switch off and then on again it just doesn't find the ssd, but if I access the setup it doesn't appear, but in the next attempt to turn it on it just finds the ssd
  • KunKK
    KunKK Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, My laptop also started freezing suddenly even though I have disabled the hardware acceleration, and my Nvidia drivers are up to date, can any one have any idea how tofix it
  • Uttara
    Uttara Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am also having this screen freeze issue. Laptop worked well for 5 months but has now started giving this trouble. What I have noticed is that, when the laptop is charging, the temprature shoot up and the laptop freezes. However, if the fan speed is set to Max, the the freeze issue does not occur. Could this be a battery issue or some driver related issue? How to fix this... btw, laptop is still under warantee period
  • Just_Some_dude
    Just_Some_dude Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had the same issue on a daily basis and I believe it was a malware because I followed a tutorial and deleted temporary files and haven't had this problem for 2 days now. Either it is solved or it is giving me false hope that it is gone.

If you want to try the method the steps are :

1) Boot your system in safe mode (hold shift while restarting the select boot settings -> Restart and it should have safe mode as option)

2) Now search for Disk cleanup in windows search bar and run as admisitrator. Now deselect all files except "Temporary Files" and "Temporary Internet Files" and delete these two. Now you can reboot your PC to normal settings.

Idk if it will work so good luck.