acer Swift 3 Why bluetooth and wifi adapters are not detected in device manager?

Options
gcsandesh
gcsandesh Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in Swift and Spin Series
I cannot see any options to turn on bluetooth or wifi on my acer Swift 3. In device manager there are no adapters shown for bluetooth and wifi. I found on internet that if we uninstall the device driver and restart the system, it will automatically detect the devices which need a driver but it did not. Does installing a new operating system solve this? This problem exists since I removed the factory version of windows that came with my laptop and installed ubuntu and again I switched to windows. I have tried many things from internet but nothing has worked yet.
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,943 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Options

Try and press F3 key or Fn & F3 keys together, see if that activates your wifi/bt card, that is if you have the drivers installed correctly? If it doesn’t, what is your laptop model and the wifi/bt card model?

• SidGupta
    SidGupta Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi Team,
    I have an Aspire M3-581TG and I recently visited an Acer Auth Service Center as I was facing issues with my laptop. 

The technician fixed the product issues and advised for Windows10; I went ahead with a format and clean install of Windows10 (even activated windows with a MS provided license key). 
    Post installation, my wifi was working and bluetooth wasn’t working; I got in touch with the service center, he opened the laptop, removed and plugged the wifi&bluetooth combo-chip back in, post this my wifi & bluetooth both have stopped working. 

Though the Atheros chip can be seen under device manager - I am unable to turn on neither Wifi nor Bluetooth. Urgent help is needed as I do not have anyother laptop, and my work is stuck. 

I tried multiple things -
    1) Uninstalling device and installing with latest drivers by MS.
    2) Uninstalling device and installing with latest drivers by Acer (windows 8 drivers available with acer) 
    3) Tried DriverEasy as well.

but none of the solution works! 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    @SidGupta please start a new thread for your issue. It sounds like the hardware is showing up in Device Manager but not working. That's a different issue than having it not show up at all. Include everything you had in this thread and if possible show the relevant screen shots from Device Manager.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • danagree
    danagree Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    @SidGupta please start a new thread for your issue. It sounds like the hardware is showing up in Device Manager but not working. That's a different issue than having it not show up at all. Include everything you had in this thread and if possible show the relevant screen shots from Device Manager.

billsey said:

Hi Team and Sid Gupta and  Billsey
    Sorry for my provincial english .This is my first comment.And I don t know how to begin my questions.So please let me start here.
    I m using a acer one 10 x86 and i managed to make it dual booted machine with linux lite  (x64) I m able to run  x64 apps normally.
    But just wired.After lspci there is not shown any ethernet controller or network controller words.After lshw it s show a ethernet interface.But not wifi.
    There is any hope to get a wifi driver for new installed linux?I downloaded from acer site a wifi driver wireless lan broadcom 1.596.10.0 but don t know what to do further.
    I tried some terminal commands like :
    sudo apt install firmware -b43-installer or sudo apt-get install bcmwl-kernel-source but after these commands i get a response that all is done .After iwconfig getting no wireless extensions.
    Days ago I tried to install bunsen with no luck.I received a info during the installation which said there is a missing driver ...brcm/brcm43430a0-sdio.bin
    Sorry for long explanation .Maybe I can get some help from you.Sorry again and thanks in advance
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    @danagree as with @SidGupta you need to start your own thread with your questions. This thread is specifically for the original question, and yours is quite different.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sunny_downunder
    sunny_downunder Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options