Heellppp! Please!

aschonter
aschonter Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I am not able to reset my PC. I follow all directions and it starts but doesn't go full, stops @ 40%. We forgot our pw so tried reset. Now I can't get past the ACER screen. I believe it's an Aspire 1??? Apologies as I'm totally tech ignorant. TIA y'all!!! I can be emailed at XXXXXXXXXXXX ...just because honestly I'm not sure I'll be able to get back here.  

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    There should be a model number on the sticker, something like AO1-xxx-xxxx.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • aschonter
    Hello and thank you! So I see a model #N15V2 but I also see a # that is AO1-431-C8G8 as a "series" number. Does that help?
  • billsey
    Yup, AO1-431 is the base model and C8G8 is the specific SKU. Yours is described as: AO1-431-C8G8-US W10HENAML64R1S13 / N3050 / BT / 2G / 32GB MMC / 3L4.85 / 14.0, so Windows 10 Home with an N3050 processor, Bluetooth, 2GB of ram, 32GB eMMC drive and a 14" screen. The 32GB drive is likely what's holding you up. You need a bunch of that to be free before it can do a refresh or reset. It's a Cloudbook, so uses your Microsoft account to login and you should be able to change your password on the Microsoft site. No need for a reset.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • aschonter
    So I apparently did manage to do something because I just realized I cannot get to Windows, I'm thinking I've deleted everything? The only way I can get past the ACER screen is by holding ALT and F10 but that just takes me to a blue screen with options and I've tried nearly all to no avail.
  • billsey
    Yep, sounds like you may have broken the OS install. If you have access to a different machine you can download your Windows image from Microsoft, then create an install flash drive. Using that drive you can reinstall the OS.
  • aschonter
    I'm gonna have to suck it up and finally buy a new one I guess. So as someone with obvious knowledge ... Is there a decent laptop that is not too expensive? Or maybe I should ask would you mind recommending the best budget-friendly pc? I appreciate your time!
  • billsey
    I'm partial to the Spin models myself, mostly because of the touchscreen. When I'm working one someone's system that doesn't have a touchscreen it bothers me every time I reach up to touch and nothing happens. :) The Switch models are good also, but a little more expensive and a little less robust due to the detachable keyboard. If a touchscreen isn't as important for your use then the Swift models will be a bit cheaper...