how do i fix audio renderer error permanently without always restarting?

TrueTribrid
TrueTribrid Member Posts: 9 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives

Whenever I watch YouTube or play games i encounter an audio issue. This is not a problem caused by a software or an app because i cannot hear the audio from any of the apps.When this happens youtube displays a message "Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer." After extensive research i found a solution a temporary solution to avoid restarting, which is to disable then enable my headphones in device manager. Then start the sound troubleshooter which then after a minute fixes the problem. i have to do this every time i encounter this problem to avoid restarting my computer and having to open my apps again. I have done a lot of research all of which have not fixed my problem or have done so only temporarily. i have to this process at least three times a day and have not come across a permanent fix. i have tried disabling and even uninstalling audio enhancements, i have even tried different headphones but it does fix the problem. Plugging my headphones in the front of my pc doesn't help either.i would like permanent fix please.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    So, what computer do you have? When the sound troubleshooter fixes things, does it say what it fixed? Have you ever run SFC to verify your Windows installation isn't corrupted?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TrueTribrid
    i have a predator 1660ti. the troubleshooter only fixes it when i disable then enable my headphones in dev manager. it says "audio services not responding" and i ran SFC which repaired some corrupt files but i still have the problem.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    There are lots of different Predator models, and the 1660 ti is the video card installed... Fire up System Information and give us the System Model shown there.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TrueTribrid
    I fixed it by going back to an older driver manualy
  • swen1971
    swen1971 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi there I was able to fix the issue by manually rolling back the driver update. Some other solution to this issue are here, Do let me know which solution helped you in fixing the audio renderer error