Acer Nitro 5 AN515-43-R0YM Backlight and Monitor not turning on

Options
124»

Answers

• Shibo
    Shibo Member Posts: 39 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hello, Im back!

I cleaned it up. Wont boot despite basically deep cleaning it.
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    That`s not good... what about the service center?
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Shibo
    Options
    I'll be checking in with them Saturday for possible repair under warranty, and if not, then I'll be checking in for how much a repair would be
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Ok, good luck mate! Let us know what was the issue.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Laggelicious
    Laggelicious Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I believe I might be dealing with a similar issue and I was wondering what was wrong with the laptop in the end. Any possibility I could get that information?
  • Shibo
    Options
    I believe I might be dealing with a similar issue and I was wondering what was wrong with the laptop in the end. Any possibility I could get that information?
    It turns out that, for me, it was a motherboard issue. I am unsure of what it was since the repair center covered it under warranty and only gave me a list of what was repaired, all of which being the keyboard (which was unnecessary, but hey, it was dirty anyways so bless them), my screen (unsure why), and the motherboard itself. It was most likely the motherboard however, as my year's model most commonly had a thermal paste issue and frequently overheated, which definitely may have caused some damages. I'm unsure if that may be the issue for you or tie into the motherboard repair at all, but I can say with confidence that this issue is a pretty serious and intensive issue. If it's happening to you, you may have to send it for repairs and pray that it's under warranty. They covered everything under warranty to no cost (besides packaging it of course), so if you do have a warranty, more power to you.

Hope everything is going well on your end. If you still have questions I will try to answer. This happened last summer so it's a bit of a haze for me.