I have an Acer Aspire AC-605G - any GPT partition support?

triplegee
triplegee Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Are there any upgrades that will allow GPT partition support?

Answers

• Does this model have the uefi bootmode in the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • triplegee
    triplegee Member Posts: 2 New User
    Can't find UEFI mode anywhere in the BIOS
  • Can you send some pictures of the bios settings?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    triplegee said:
    Are there any upgrades that will allow GPT partition support?
    Are you sure its an "Acer Aspire AC-605G"? Do you mean the Acer Aspire TC-605 desktop? Be more specific. If its the TC-605 then what bios version do you have on it now, if its win-10 then type "system info" into the "type here to search' in win-10 to find your bios version? As this pc came with win-10 and UEFI bios and GPT format for the hdd's, its last bios was the P21.A4 dated 2014/11/12.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Are you sure it's an AC-605G? The XC-605G was released in the early days of Windows 8, so should support a UEFI boot on a GPT drive. They may not have called it UEFI yet though. Is there anything for Secure Boot enable/disable?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.