How do I completely remove back panel from Acer Aspire R5-471T-71W2 laptop?

Options
13»

Answers

• Beck18
    Beck18 Member Posts: 63 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Options
    Question:  since I don't yet have a replacement battery, when I close up the laptop, do I need to do anything with the exposed end of the battery cable, or can I just leave it loose in the laptop case?

And then until I have a replacement battery, is there any problem using the laptop with AC, per usual?

And last, anything I can do to confirm that the problems were exclusively battery-related?
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    It is not necessary to disconnect the touchpad. Some models can be turned on when the battery is disconnected. Leave the battery disconnected and turn on the computer to verify that the touchpad works.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Beck18
    Options
    Laptop boots up.  Touchpad works.  Amazing!  Thanks!!

Do you think I should assume the Firefox install hanging, and external portable drive not disconnecting from yesterday were likely due to the bad battery, and just carry on with the software installs and see what happens?

Also, if you don't mind my asking, any thoughts or advice on wisdom of buying battery from impactcomputers.com vs. ebay?

Found 3 sellers on ebay selling it for between $13.50 to $18.00, e.g.,  https://www.impactcomputers.com/kt.0040g.004.html and
    NEW Genuine Acer Aspire E5-771 E5-771G R3-131T R5-431T R5-471T Battery AC14B3K 
    (all with over 99% feedback on over 20,000 sales), 
    and then for $30 from https://www.impactcomputers.com/kt.00403.027.html.

Thank you!

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    1) On the hard drive, check your health with crystaldiskinfo;
    2) About the battery, I don't know these suppliers. However, you must purchase a new battery that has the same voltage as the old battery.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Beck18
    Options
    1) On the hard drive, check your health with crystaldiskinfo;
    2) About the battery, I don't know these suppliers. However, you must purchase a new battery that has the same voltage as the old battery.
       Ok, thanks for the recommendation to check with crystaldiskinfo!

About the battery.  It shows a "Rating" of 15.2V, but then also says it's a 15.4V/3180mAh battery.
      The two batteries billsey and Ant38 suggested are listed as 15.2V, so I assume those are appropriate?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, the part numbers I gave you were for the original battery. It should work just fine. (BTW you don't need to disconnect that cable, but the connector has that black portion and it hinges up to release the cable, hinges back down to trap it again, never try to pull it out with the connector locked.)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Beck18
    Options
    billsey said:
    Yes, the part numbers I gave you were for the original battery. It should work just fine. (BTW you don't need to disconnect that cable, but the connector has that black portion and it hinges up to release the cable, hinges back down to trap it again, never try to pull it out with the connector locked.)
    Terrific, thanks for the information!

• Beck18
    Options
    billsey said:
    Terrific, thanks for the information!