Upgrade Acer Aspire 5810TZ-4657

basknight
basknight Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Trying to upgrade to Windows 10. Other than memory and the HD which I've upgraded to 8gb & 1tb ssd, am I able to upgrade the graphics card on my Acer Aspire 5810TZ-4657 to a GeForce GTX 1050 TI or will it require upgrading my motherboard as well? Also is the CPU soldered in or is it replaceable?

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    No upgrade for graphics on a laptop, graphics are embedded. I believe the processor is soldered in on these models, so no processor upgrade. You would have been better off with an SSD instead of the HDD, but that's pretty much all that's left that can be upgraded. You are likely to have issues with a W10 update on that system, the WiFi/WiMAX card has been discontinued for a long time and I don't know if there are new enough drivers for it. IIRC that came with Vista? You could probably run Windows 7 on it, if you are not already.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    That's a toughie, since it's no longer supported I would guess Microsoft no longer has it in their inventory... Though it looks like they still have a few on Amazon.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    No upgrade for graphics on a laptop, graphics are embedded. I believe the processor is soldered in on these models, so no processor upgrade. You would have been better off with an SSD instead of the HDD, but that's pretty much all that's left that can be upgraded. You are likely to have issues with a W10 update on that system, the WiFi/WiMAX card has been discontinued for a long time and I don't know if there are new enough drivers for it. IIRC that came with Vista? You could probably run Windows 7 on it, if you are not already.
  • basknight
    Any place where I can get windows 7?
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    That's a toughie, since it's no longer supported I would guess Microsoft no longer has it in their inventory... Though it looks like they still have a few on Amazon.
  • basknight
    Thank you for all the help