Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 Battery/Charging Issues

Rossaroni
Rossaroni Member Posts: 6 New User
*accidentally posted in the wrong thread before and don't know how to delete it from my phone, sorry mods*
I've seen older posts about this issue and similar issues, however no solutions, so I'm going to try again. I've had my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 for just under 2 years. Recently, it's begun to stop charging at around 93%. Once there the battery light on the side blinks an orange color and stops charging up, but still holds the charge where it stops. If I try unplugging it and plugging it back in, the charging switches on and off over and over (along with my keyboard light, screen brightness, annoying beep sound). When this happens, I do a battery reset (unplug power/USB devices, hold power for 15 seconds, hold tiny button with a pin for 15 seconds, let sit for a while, plug in while shut down for a while, turn back on) and it charges back up to 93%, however once it reboots, it's stuck at 93% again with the light blinking. I have no idea what to do. Thanks in advance for the help.

Answers

• Can you send a screenshot showing battery wear on hwinfo64?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rossaroni
    Can you send a screenshot showing battery wear on hwinfo64?

Yes here it is
  • Rossaroni
    It went back up to 100% because I shut it down and did a battery reset, but once I start to play games again it'll drop back down to 93% and stay there and not go up again until I do another battery reset. 
  • Have you tried to calibrate the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TanningChatum
    TanningChatum Member Posts: 1 New User
    Didn’t see a update on this one, mostly the same problem here, just no charge at all. And my wear is 1.2%. Works fine plugged in, just can’t take it off of power or it will shut down.

Tried battery reset (both pinhole and power button), power down, disconnect battery, restart on power, I’ve begged, pleaded, and prayed to the computer overlords to deliver a solution to me. Annnd… nothing. 

I’m intrigued by the battery calibration, however, so if that’s a thing, I’m willing to perform the surgery good sir. Cheers.