Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 charging issues (charger keeps connecting and disconnecting every few seconds)

gpcrads
gpcrads Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi, I recently came across this charging problem on my laptop where it would charge up to a certain percentage (sometimes 85, sometimes 90, sometimes 99 or 100) and it starts having this problem where the charging goes on and off every few seconds and when the charging goes off, the laptop switches to using battery and does not detect the plug in. I have tried several methods to reinstall the battery drivers as well as to press the battery reset button and to update bios but to no avail. This affects me especially when I'm gaming where the FPS drops suddenly due to the switching of power mode to battery mode automatically. I see this is a common problem but I can't seem to find a proper solution to it. Please help me thank you!

Answers

• Have you checked battery wear with hwinfo64?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rossaroni
    Rossaroni Member Posts: 6 New User
    egydiocoelho said:
    Have you checked battery wear with hwinfo64?

I have the same issue as OP. Would this be solved by purchasing and replacing the battery?
  • gpcrads
    Have you checked battery wear with hwinfo64?

Yes I checked my wear is 8.4%
  • If the battery wear is small, it is not necessary to change the battery. Have you ever tried to reset the battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gpcrads
    If the battery wear is small, it is not necessary to change the battery. Have you ever tried to reset the battery?
    Yes I have tried to reset already but still the same problem
  • Have you tried to calibrate the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Charlie08
    Charlie08 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hello
    I have same problem and started from yesterday, keeps reconnect from 99% to 100%.
    when i disabled ACPI-Compliant control from device manager worked fine but enabled itself after restart!
    It has nothing to do with the battery think it is a software problem...
    No solution yet?
  • @Charlie08 Ideally, you should create a new topic.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• alifhasnain
    alifhasnain Member Posts: 2 New User
    Any solution yet? I am having exactly the same problem for months. Should I replace my battery or change my charger?
  • @alifhasnain I suggest you ask a new question.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer