Keyboard replacement

twopuddies
twopuddies Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi

I have an Acer Aspire One 725-0687 laptop and one of the keys has stopped responding. Because I use this key as part of my password, I'm not even able to log into the laptop.

I'm wondering if it's possible to replace the keyboard on this laptop?

Can someone please help me?

Thanks.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,019 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Hello,
    Yes, it's possible to only replace the keyboard. Here are the Acer part numbers of the original keyboards:
    KB.I100A.207 - KEYBOARD ACER STANDARD 84KS BLACK US INTERNATIONAL
    NK.I1017.01S - "
    NK.I101S.01Q - "
    NK.I101S.02M - "

All are compatible with your laptop.

France
  • twopuddies

Tinkerer

Thanks for the information. It seems, however, it's pretty difficult to get one without waiting several weeks for it to arrive from distant lands.

I appreciate the help, though.
  • Just to complement the topic, watch this video on how to change the keyboard:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,019 Trailblazer
    Thanks for the information. It seems, however, it's pretty difficult to get one without waiting several weeks for it to arrive from distant lands.

I appreciate the help, though.
    Hello,
    You can contact your Acer parts partner of your country.
    France
  • twopuddies

Tinkerer

I called the number on their site but it has to be seriously the worst recording voice greeting message I have ever come across!! Hahahahahah!!! It sounds like the guy recorded the greeting while crouching behind some shelving across the room! It was so bad I listened THREE times and still couldn't make out what exactly he was saying! In fact, I could make out very little of what he was saying.

And I'm supposed to trust these people? Surely Acer can find a better company to "partner" with?

I also looked on their site and there seems to be no Acer Aspire One 725-0687 listed, so am I to assume they don't have parts for this laptop?