CB3-431 Battery not Found

Options
gatordad
gatordad Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
BB3-431  Unit was shutting down and acting like the battery was low.  Four hours on the charger and a powerwash and the unit booted just fine.  After setting up users, I ran a battery_test 1 and the result showed AC power was detected but no battery found. Test was run with the charger plugged in.  Disconnected the charger after power off and restarted. Unit booted normally but the battery_test showed no AC or battery, yet the system worked. The amber charger light was blinking slowly the whole time.  Powered down again and let the unit sit for 2 hours. Restarted normally. Battery_test still did not show a battery.  Powered off again and attempted a reboot 24 hours later with no response.

I'd try a new battery, if I can find one, but the battery_test routine showing "no battery found" makes me believe it may be something else.  TIA for any help

Best Answer

• gatordad
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Answers

• gatordad
    Options
    That should read CB3-431. :)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I don't believe yours has a battery reset button. Are you still in warranty? If not you can open it up, disconnect the battery then press and hold the power button for 15-30 seconds. Wait 15-30 minutes then reconnect the battery and put things back together. Plug in power and let it charge fully then turn it on. Hopefully that will get the battery sorted so it shows the right info.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gatordad
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks! I'll give it a try.