I just purchased a KA242Y and I can't hear any audio on it!

JimboHK
JimboHK Member Posts: 1 New User
Not a peep since I installed it … what is the troubleshooting routine?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,049 Trailblazer
    Hello,
    Could you give me the first ten characters of the monitor serial number (S/N) and also the part number (P/N)?
    France
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,679 Trailblazer
    Some KA242Y models come without speakers. They are usually a few dollars cheaper than the ones with.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Phil20
    Phil20 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I recently purchased ACER KA242Y LCD Monitor. It prevents Audio from the laptop during a skype or zoom meeting, whenever I connect it to my laptop. Audio works fine when I disconnect the Monitor from my laptop  
  • billsey
    So, which KA242Y model do you have? Some don't have speakers. If it does have speakers is the volume on the monitor OSD set fully up?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JSpurge
    JSpurge Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also just recently purchased an Acer lcd and I don't have audio coming through it. I also am having an issue because while I might need to buy a speaker for it, I don't see where one might plug the speaker into the monitor
  • billsey
    So, which KA242Y model do you have? Some don't have speakers. If it does have speakers is the volume on the monitor OSD set fully up? Usually you plug a speaker to the computer...
  • DEBSIMS
    DEBSIMS Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the KA242Y version KA2442Y bi. I don't think it has speakers, but why doesn't it work with my laptop speakers?
  • billsey
    Look at the ports, is there a headphone jack type port on it, and how is that port marked?
  • Seankoops
    Seankoops Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the same model and I got the same issue

can't find any audio ports unfortunately :/

• billsey

It likely doesn't have the speakers in your model.

• mgplata
    mgplata Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I have the same problem. what is the troubleshooting routine? I have driver installed but no sound.