Why does Galea 500 have such low volume ?

2root2
2root2 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited February 16 in 2020 Archives
The headphones just arrived , i have 2019 predator helios 300 , i got galea 500 and these cost 11000 INR , and the sound quality straight up bad, the volume just too low , no noise cancellation and no bass .
honestly disappointed
i read the reviews and everyone said they were loud, so i am wondering if this is a defective product , any idea how do i find out if it is ?

this is the second time ive been let down by acer

the laptop has its own set of issues
thanks and regards

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Probably best to go ahead and contact Acer support then, it sounds like you've done everything needed to make sure it's not at your end.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Two things to check that I can think of... First is it fully seated in the socket? Some of the audio sockets have a little rubber seal toward the bottom and you need to push enough tog et past that. Second are both the volume control on the wire and the volume control on the computer set high enough? Either one will drop the sound levels.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 2root2
    2root2 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    billsey said:
    Two things to check that I can think of... First is it fully seated in the socket? Some of the audio sockets have a little rubber seal toward the bottom and you need to push enough tog et past that. Second are both the volume control on the wire and the volume control on the computer set high enough? Either one will drop the sound levels.
    Galea 500 comes with a USB 2.0 connecter , there was no rubber seal .  And there are two volume buttons on the amp on the wire and they connect with the laptops audio . So they all go to 100 . It's still very low even on 100 .  My earphones are louder than these . 
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Probably best to go ahead and contact Acer support then, it sounds like you've done everything needed to make sure it's not at your end.