Acer Dock II USB Type-C Power button function not working on dock

Gossie
Gossie Member Posts: 6 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi

I have recently bought 2 acer laptops and 2 acer usb type-c dock stations . according to the manual i should be able to power on the laptop by pressing the power button on the dock station and also shutdown or sleep with the same button.
THIS is not happening everything else works on the dock just the power button doesn't work as stated in the manual .
I have checked both firmware of dock and laptop and they are the current one's for the website.
I have also tried different settings in the bios but no joy there .
Would like to solve this problem as the 2 laptops and going to be used Mainly as desktop plugged into dock station .
2nd question by leaving the USB-C cable plugged in it will continue to charge the battery will this reduce battery life , or is there a setting to stop charging at certain time ?

Thanks

Answers

• Gossie
    Left out the laptops are Travelmate P6   TMP614-51TG-792V

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Is there a part or model number on the dock? I assume it's the dock manual you are referring to?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gossie
    here are the dock sn #  and yes the dock manual reference the power button

Acer USB Type-C Dock II
    S/N:NPDCK1101M850001933F00
    S/N:NPDCK1101M850001B53F00

• billsey
    OK, I think I have something for you to try. By default the "Thunderbolt Wake from S4 Support" setting in the BIOS is "Disabled". Go to the BIOS , then the Main tab and set that to "Enabled" instead. That should allow the laptop to wake up when the button is pressed on the dock. Please let me know if it works, or doesn't. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Gossie
    Hi Billsey
    i tried that and still not working doesnt even wake it from sleep mode

• billsey
    Take a picture of the BIOS screens and post them here, blacking out serial numbers of shown, and I'll look to see if I see anything.
  • Gossie

• billsey
    edited July 2020
    OK, the only thing I see that might help is in the Advanced menu: TBT Detection Gain. I haven't found any definitive definitions, but it sounds like it's something to do with detecting some devices on the port. It doesn't hurt to try! :)
  • Gossie
    Hi Billsey

turn on TBT detection gain  and still no joy from the dock power button :/
  • billsey
    I think you will have to contact Acer support then to see what they say. I'm out of ideas.