Acer Iconia Tab 7 white screen.

BhaskarV
BhaskarV Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
My tab screen turned white after not being used for six months. Any idea how to get it normal?

Best Answer

• BhaskarV
    Answer ✓
    Good news B) . My Tab is back to its life.
    I have disconnected the LCD cable, cleaned it with a pencil eraser and inserted back.
    Since, I don't know which is the right cable, I did it for 2 cables as marked in the pic. Hope this helps someone who is facing the same issue.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    edited July 2020
    Try a long press of the power button to force a power down, then turn it back on. If it's still all white try a power wash.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BhaskarV
    billsey said:
    Try a long press of the power button to force a power down, then turn it back on. If it's still all white try a power wash.
    I tried to restart by long pressing the power button, it is still the same.
    How to do Power wash? Please give any video tutorial link.
  • billsey
    In portrait mode with the device off, press and hold the power button and volume up at the same time. When the tablet screen comes up release the buttons. There should be a menu displaying. Use the volume buttons to scroll through and power to select. You want Wipe Data/Factory Reset. You then have to confirm with a Yes and then select Reboot System Now. It should take you back to where everything was when the tablet was new, except potentially with a newer OS if you had an upgrade.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BhaskarV
    billsey said:
    In portrait mode with the device off, press and hold the power button and volume up at the same time. When the tablet screen comes up release the buttons. There should be a menu displaying. Use the volume buttons to scroll through and power to select. You want Wipe Data/Factory Reset. You then have to confirm Isd then select Reboot Sysld take you back to where everything was when the tablet was new, except potentially with a newer OS if you had an upgrade.
    I have restarted the tab in recovery mode by pressing power and volume up buttons, it is in white screen even in recovery mode. Can't see any options to format. 

Is there anything I can do by opening the rear cover and unplug, clean and plug?
  • billsey
    I'm not sure if it's feasible to do a power reset on that device, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Unplug it, shut it down then open it up and disconnect the battery. Press and hold the power button for a half minute or so to help make sure the power is fully bled off. Wait a while, long enough to sip your way through a cup of coffee (15-30 minutes) then plug the battery back in and reassemble. Plug the charger back in but don't turn it on until it's indicating a full charge. Then turn it on and see if it gets you past the white screen.
  • BhaskarV
    billsey said:
    I'm not sure if it's feasible to do a power reset on that device, but it wouldn't hurt to try. Unplug it, shut it down then open it up and disconnect the battery. Press and hold the power button for a half minute or so to help make sure the power is fully bled off. Wait a while, long enough to sip your way through a cup of coffee (15-30 minutes) then plug the battery back in and reassemble. Plug the charger back in but don't turn it on until it's indicating a full charge. Then turn it on and see if it gets you past the white screen.
    I tried the same. It showed white screen during charging. Charged for 5 hours to ensure battery is 100% charged. disconnected the power and powered ON the tab. Found no improvement.
  • billsey
    I am sorry to say it's likely not worth repairing then. :(
  • BhaskarV
    Answer ✓
    Good news B) . My Tab is back to its life.
    I have disconnected the LCD cable, cleaned it with a pencil eraser and inserted back.
    Since, I don't know which is the right cable, I did it for 2 cables as marked in the pic. Hope this helps someone who is facing the same issue.