3 problems with my ACER ONE 10 S1003-11CS

Diederik2
Diederik2 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

I got 3 very recent problems with my one year old ACER ONE 10 S1003-11CS (2-in1 hybrid), anybody knows solutions:

-The built-in microphone suddenly stopped working, it isn't even detected by the system anymore. I don't know why, it might have been after an update, I'm not sure. System diagnosis doesn't find any problem, although it is clearly there. Anybody knows how to solve this?

- Another new issue: when I use the volume switch on top of the tablet screen, it doesn't show the volume bar anymore. Instead I get this blue menu screen listing up the the close down, standby and task manager options. This problem also started out of nowhere.

- Yesterday the two plastic pins that were connecting my screen to its keyboard broke, just the plastic, the chip still seems ok. But it feels like it's gonna be impossible to fold  open if the screen and keyboard are not fully connected by this 3 points (2 plastic pins and the chip in the middle.) So here's my question. Anybody knows if the native (original) keyboard specific to this model is being  sold separately?

The 2 first problems are definitely not related to the third one, cause I'm having those for about one month now. Anybody who can help me please?*
Much appreciated!

*If you offer any solutions, hints or tips, please note I'm currently only using my hybrid in tablet mode because of my keyboard breaking. Thanks.  

Answers

• Diederik2
    Diederik2 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Questions 1 and 2 solved by uninstalling the latest windows auto-update.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    For number 3 I'd recommend epoxy instead of super glue... Make sure it's full cured before putting it back together.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.