Acer Nitro 5 Spin NP515-51-53P5 M2 SSD Upgrade?

vladbe
vladbe Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello.

I tried to find this information on the official forum and I apologize in advance if I turn out to be n00b.

I own an Acer Nitro 5 Spin NP515-51-53P5 and its warranty will expire soon and I would upgrade its m.2 ssd. It currently has a 256GB model.

What interests me is if this model is compatible with this laptop because the one in the computer is m.2 if I'm not mistaken and not the m2 nvme: https://www.kingston.com/en/ssd/a2000-nvme-pcie-ssd (1TB version; I guess the cap doesn't exist)

Thanks for the reply in advance and I hope I did not miss the place for this question.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020
    Should be fine at reaching its full 3X SATA3 speeds. However, your laptop can support even higher 4X SATA3 speeds. Probably cost you more though. :)   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• This mentions the possibility of installing a nvme as well: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Nitro-NP515-51/68394
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Yes, specs say both SATA and NVMe on the NP515-51.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • vladbe

Tinkerer

THANK you all for answering. I'll go with the Kingston 1TB A2000 M.2 2280 Nvme and hope there are no compatibility issues. :)
  • JackE
    Sounds good. Let us know how it works out.  Thanks. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• vladbe

Tinkerer

So, if anyone wonders in future, Kingston A2000 works on Acer Nitro Spin 5 and with it should the rest of the NVMe PCIe SSD's. It's twice as fast (in general usage) compared to the SSD that came with the laptop. Once again, thanks again to all for help.  <3
  • JackE
    Thanks for report. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ