My Acer Swift 5 (Swift SF514-54T) has two Serial numbers at back of the laptop. WHY???

Ritika
Ritika Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
This is Ritika Arora from Gurugram, India.
I've purchased acer swift 5 SF514-54T-54DM on 25th June 2020. At the back side of the laptop there are two stickers containing two different Serial Numbers and SNID. First of all i want to know the reason behind this and secondly when I tried to register this laptop on official acer site, the laptop got registered with the serial number given on black sticker but when i checked on acer care center app in laptop then it is showing serial number that is given on white sticker. Please provide me the reason behind this also.

I also want to extend warranty of this product so can you tell me which of the two serial number will be used to extend the warranty ?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020 Answer ✓
    Some locales use different serial numbers than the ones from China. I'd guess that is the case for India... Try both if the first doesn't work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020 Answer ✓
    Some locales use different serial numbers than the ones from China. I'd guess that is the case for India... Try both if the first doesn't work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.