RAM Upgrade

sandeepkumar05
sandeepkumar05 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, 
I have the Acer Nitro 5 AN515-31 and it has 8GBs of RAM at a frequency of 2400Mhz. According to the Task Manager,  2 of 2 slots are filled. But there is only one physical RAM slot when opened. So I presume that one is soldered. I want to upgrade the RAM. Can I use 8GB of RAM in one slot to make it 12GB of RAM? Also, what would happen if I were to  use 16GB+4GB RAM sticks?! Please help.

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK! Your model has 4gb of offboard ram + 4gb of onboard ram. I suggest that you buy a 16gb ram of 2400mhz, cl17, but it will work in flex mode, in other words, 8gb will work in dual channel and the other 12gb will work in single channel.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• I suggest you send some screenshots of the ram settings with cpuz:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • sandeepkumar05

Tinkerer

These are what I got from CPU-Z. 

Thank you so much for responding!
  • In that case, you can install a ram that works at 2400mhz with cl17. But it will work in a flexible way. Now, can you take apart the ram compartment and send a photo? I think there is 4gb of onboard ram + 4gb of offboard ram. Also, can you provide the exact model? Example AN515-31-58vh.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• sandeepkumar05

Tinkerer

Ram Compartment:

The exact model number that is shown is AN515-31-84D6. 

Thank you!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    OK! Your model has 4gb of offboard ram + 4gb of onboard ram. I suggest that you buy a 16gb ram of 2400mhz, cl17, but it will work in flex mode, in other words, 8gb will work in dual channel and the other 12gb will work in single channel.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer