Lost on upgrading Extensa 5635

JD555
JD555 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,

I have searched a lot and asked many people but it seems only someone expert with this exact line will be able to help, visiting the CPU manufacturer page or socket page is not helping, I am not sure about the manual or HWiNFO info.

I am trying to look into upgrading Extensa 5635 to the best possible parts to deal with extremely slow laptop 

The specs from label:
Acer Extensa 5635 652G32Mn (model ZR6)
Intel Core 2 Duo T6570
Intel GMA 4500MHD
2 GB RAM
320 GB HDD
Win 7 32bit

HWiNFO
CPU Socket: Socket P (mPGA478/mBGA479) so both (mPGA478/mBGA479) work?  or I could have only one?  (Current CPU is T6570 which is listed online as PGA478 online) don't understand this socket info...
Motherboard BA50-MV
Chipset GM45 + ICH9M
FSB support 266 MHz (1066 QDR)
Max Render Core Freq 800 MHz 
Bios Phoenix Tech 1.3311

1. I the first problem is what is the best CPU that can work with this? 

The manual (https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1145/Acer-Extensa-5635.htm) (Page 26/27) mentions CPUs with 800 MHz Bus speed and 1066 MHz so both work??? but HWiNFO says Bus is 800 MHz and I read 1066 MHz won't work with lower Bus speed, right?<br><br>If only CPU with 800 MHz bus work then I found out that the best CPU is T9500, correct? any better?<br><br>2. Second problem is maximum RAM supported<br>Manual on page 28 says 4GB is the limit but is this due motherboard limit? so no CPU/OS change would change this limit? no 8GB?<br><br>3. I guess any SSD would work, right?<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>

Answers

• Do you think it is worth updating this model? Check with cpuz which chipset is installed:

According to the acer manual, it accepts these processors:

About ram, see this:

But send some cpuz screenshots about the ram settings:

You can also install a 2.5 "sata 3 ssd in place of the dvd and also add a 12.7mm caddy to put the hdd in place of the dvd.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JD555
    No heart in your answer, just a lot of screenshots and generic quick reply, you didn't read carefully what I wrote and asked.

I gave you the chipset info and the CPUs you listed are not the only ones listed in the manual you chose the FRU list but there is another list that include T9800 and the ones you mentioned some of them are 1066 MHz Bus and that does not answer the 800 MHz Bus question I asked.

Thanks for the reply but no offense I expected better help from Acer forum...

If Someone else would like to help I'd be thankful else no need for more help like this.
  • JD555
    I tried to delete my post or edit but your forum don't allow it! you should change this policy!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    edited June 2020
    I'm sorry for being a little rude in the answer. I didn't mean to be rude in the answer. Now, regarding your questions, I will try to help you:
    1) This link shows several compatible processor models: https://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(chipsets)/GM45_Express.html
    I would opt for the Q9100, but it is a processor that requires 45w and therefore will consume more energy. It may require a bios update.
    2) I also have this doubt. However, note that some users have managed to install two 4gb rams in this notebook: https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Extensa-5635/10054
    I think you can install two 4gb memories.
    3) About ssd, I keep my previous answer:
    You can also install a 2.5 "sata 3 ssd in place of the hdd and also add a 12.7mm caddy to put the hdd in place of the dvd.
    However, I think your model's sata port is limited to sata 2.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)