NITRO 5 (Nitro AN515-52) Keyboard not responding to any keys.

PaulUsername
PaulUsername Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello, I have gotten some issues with my laptop's keyboard which for some reason the keys won't respond. And first I thought it was from a windows update but then I checked the keyboard keys in BIOS and it works, but on desktop it doesn't respond. And I thought there is a driver that needs to be updated. I have checked with the device manager and tried to update the keyboard automatically (didn't work) and manually I don't really know which one is the right one for the keyboard, because I'm not really an expert. But
If there is anyone out there that knows the driver, or any other solutions it will be helpful.
This issue happen a few months ago and I'm quite frustrated that happen when windows updated.

Answers

• PaulUsername
    It might make no sense but I tried to provide some information about my Question
  • MihaiEVO
    MihaiEVO Member Posts: 72 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited June 2020
    @PaulUsername , uninstall both your keyboard drivers ( Device Manager > Keyboards) and then click Action > Scan for hardware changes in the toolbar of the window. If this didn't work, you could try to reset Windows 10.
  • PaulUsername
    MihaiEVO said:
    @PaulUsername , uninstall both your keyboard drivers ( Device Manager > Keyboards) and then click Action > Scan for hardware changes in the toolbar of the window. If this didn't work, you could try to reset Windows 10.
    alright, I have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them, That didn't work , neither resetting windows 10.
    Any more suggestions?
  • Does the same problem occur when resetting the battery?
    Have you already opened your notebook to check the keyboard connector?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RMMonteiro
    RMMonteiro Member Posts: 3 New User

FINALLY THE SOLUTION!

After months of facing the problem and keyboard failures, I decided to open my Acer Nitro 5. (AN517-51-56).

The problem is not a driver. It's just the connector lock. Maybe with the vibration and use it will drop. This lock is very cheap at low cost. And it will certainly come loose again.

You just need to push the pins upwards as in the arrow and image.

This is the cost for equipment with good hardware but with low quality parts.

Test it! I did it with my Acer on (not recommended) and in the same instant all the keys are working again.

EM PORTUGUÊS (BRASIL)

FINALMENTE A SOLUÇÃO!

Após meses enfrentando o problema e falhas no teclado, resolvi abrir meu Acer Nitro 5. (AN517-51-56).

O problema não é driver. É apenas a trava do conector. Talvez com a vibração e uso ele vai soltando. Essa trava é muito barata de baixo custo. E certamente voltará a se soltar. 

Apenas precisa empurrar os pinos para cima como na seta e imagem. 

Esse é o custo por um equipamento com um bom hardware mas com peças de baixa qualidade.

Testem! Eu fiz com meu Acer ligado (não recomendado) e no mesmo instante já voltou a funcionar todas teclas.