I used to be able to display my chrome book on the TV but for some reason it doesn't work any more.

Options
LandaH
LandaH Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I think the problem is with mirroring but the instructions I have seen to mirror don't work for me as I don't have a mirroring option under settings/devices/displays. 
Am I missing something? Did something get erased somehow?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,481 Trailblazer
    Options
    It might help to reveal your full ACER chromebook model number.  CB5xx-xx ??? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LandaH

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you Jack for getting back to me.  No excuse I just forgot to give it to you.  The Model Number is N17QS   Thank you in advance.    Landa
  • JackE
    Options
    What adapter are you using? Have you tried to re-seat both ends a dozen or so times to try to clean its contacts on the laptop and monitor? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LandaH

Tinkerer

Options
    It has nothing to do with the adapter.  I cannot find the mirroring option in settings.  There was one at one time but somehow it seems to have disappeared.  
  • JackE
    Options
    That may be because it can't detect that a mirroring monitor is connected to the USBC port. Please try to reseat the adapter at both ends anyway if you haven't done so already. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LandaH

Tinkerer

Options
    We have reseated the  adaptor and have cleaned all connections. It still says no signal (on multiple TVs). When we try to turn on mirroring thru settings as seen in instructions, there is NO mirroring option as described. It used to be there. Is it only visible when the port is accessed? That doesn't seem right.

Bill/NJ
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Is it only visible when the port is accessed?>>>

Yes, the mirror option should appear if a TV is detected.  If the TV is not detected, the mirror option should disappear or be grayed out.

(1) Are you using a USBC to displayport adapter? If yes, what is brand/model number?
    (2) Do your TVs have to be manually set to DisplayPort or HDMI or DVI input or is it automatic?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LandaH

Tinkerer

Options
    I am using a HDMI cable with a HDMI to USB type - C Port with DC-IN..  I do not need to manually set the TV..  I do not know the Model or brand..
  • JackE
    Options
    I'm guessing this is also an active USBC displayport-to-HDMI converter, meaning it needs to be separately powered not just a passive passthru adapter? Do you have access to another laptop/chromebook with USBC displayport output to test the converter and also the HDMI cable? If not, do you recall approximately how much you paid for the converter as passive adapters are  usually less than about $10? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• LandaH

Tinkerer

Options
    It is passive.  I am able to verify that the HDMI Cable is working properly and last I do not have access to another computer with that type of cord.  Don't remember how much we paid but pretty sure it was probably not more than $10.00
  • JackE
    Options
    >>> I am able to verify that the HDMI Cable is working properly and last I do not have access to another computer with that type of cord. >>>

Then how were you able to verify that the HDMI cable is working properly without access to another computer? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ