Acer nitro 5 an515-42 R72M fans make buzzing/rattling noise

Answers

• Robin038
    Robin038 Member Posts: 125 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    But why a stress test??? 

I get over 1400 in cinebench
    And temps are good... No throttling 

But when both cpu and gpu are stressed it goes wrong... 

It has an shared heatpipe between cpu and gpu so... If cpu gets Hot it goes first to gpu and then to heatsink.... So... I think I cant do much... And an stress test Will give the same results...i went back to bios 1.18 because why not... Maybe they roll out an New bios soon that Will fix it... And otherwise I should learn to live with it... 

Next year I am starting to study so that Will be a nice time to buy a new laptop u guess... I need to keep this one for one more year and then I Will probably give it to my litle brother or something 

Thanks for all the help... Nothing worked but still... 

I am really satisfied about the fact that so many People help other People with problem on the Acer community 

Sorry for my bad english I am dutch and my phone keyboard is on dutch so sometimes it auto corrects words 

Sorry for that
  • Can you tell what is the maximum temperature that the CPU reaches during a few hours of play?

I would also like to know, if you can send any video of the noise that occurs in the fans and publish it on youtube?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Robin038
    When cpu reached around 75 degrees it throttling and then it needs to cool down to like 60 and it gets it power back
  • Robin038
  • Yes, I heard the noise from the fans. Is your laptop still under warranty? Have you tried to clean the fans? 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Robin038
    Cleaned the fans little bit 

There is so much wrong with my laptop... 

When I open the lid and press ESC and F1 its sounds verry strange... Mousepad is bad... Headphone jack wiggles and fans make weird sound hinge lifted up

***** bad quality from acer here 
  • in this case, I advise you to contact acer technical support again to verify all of these problems.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Robin038
    But they dont reply on their fk mail
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Robin038
    They definetly let me pay for it because it isnt there fault... Because they think they make high qality products... They are not even close to that
  • Robin038
    I did in Total like 12 bios upgrades and downgrades but is it bad to do that? Because first it did set itself back untill I set off the firmware driver
  • I do not advise you to downgrade the bios. Now, this procedure can solve any problem that may have a bios update.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Robin038
    Already did it few times... 

MY laptop is literal ly broken every where... 
  • I would check if just cleaning the fans would solve the problem. I don't think it's a physical problem for fans.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Robin038
    It doesnt really sound like a bad bearing
  • Robin038
    And i think my laptop already did have the thing when my laptop reaches 75 degrees it throttles, because when I downgrade bios it still is there... And it is now summer in my country and Hot so... I hope its just that.... 

And i think I upgraded and downgraded the bios like 12 times.... Is this bad? 

Its 12 times because first 3 times it downgraded and then upgraded again so that counts for 6 Total times...

My laptop came with 1.13 and i remember when I upgraded the bios first to 1.16 i noticed a performance increase... 1.13 just wasnt good for my machine... Then I had the wifi issue and upgraded to 1.17 that auto updated to 1.18 in windows. And i noticed the throttling because i red an forum online about a guy Who updated to 1. 17 and had the same issue so i looked at mine and saw the same happening.

So i think I should learn to live with it

Thanks for all your help and have a nice day
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited August 2020
    <<<<<And i think I upgraded and downgraded the bios like 12 times.... Is this bad?>>>>>>

Downgrading the bios should not be performed, except when a new version of the bios has a serious problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Robin038
    Oh so... Do I have a problem now

• Robin038
    Did I ***** up the bios? 
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Nope, not yet, it still works thou.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158