how to make this backlit keyboard always on ? ( Acer Swift 3 SF314-41 )

Revaldi
Revaldi Member Posts: 5 New User
I have bought this laptop about 2 week.Then when i activicate backlit keyboard,this backlit was turn off after 30 second and active again when i'm typing.
i couldn't found anything to make this backlit keyboard always on,so how to make this backlit keyboard always on ?
if there are any trick,please tell me.
Thank you  

Answers

• This function cannot be changed.
    a) on the battery: it will always turn off every 30 seconds.
    b) on the power adapter: the keyboard light will be on at all times.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Revaldi
    edited June 2020
    i've tried it,but still not work ( on the power adapter/plugged in )
  • Is there a function in the bios to activate the backlit keyboard?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Revaldi
    nothing  :(
  • Is the backlit keyboard turning off even when the power adapter is connected?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Revaldi
    yes,it still turn off after 30 second even the power adapter is connected
  • Can you inform the version of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Revaldi
    my bios version : Insyde Corp V1.02
  • Does the same problem occur when updating the bios to version 1.04? updating the bios is a risky procedure and should be done with caution.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Yasmin_m
    Yasmin_m Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hii,
    I have bought a Acer swift 3amd athlone how to lit the backlit keyboard could anyone assist me.

Thank you
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    @Yasmin_m you should start your own thread for this question. We will need to know exactly which model you have (is it a SF314-41-xxx like the original post?), what is happening now and what you expect instead to happen.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Booo
    Booo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Iam using acer SF314-41 but my pc doesn't have backlit keyboard why??
  • @Booo Some models may not have the keyboard illuminated.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• tktorge
    tktorge Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi!

following up on this topic with another question.

Does your spacebar have backlight?
    mine isn't lit up.... 
  • billsey
    Mine doesn't light the spacebar either... I think that's by design.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • thisisfutile
    thisisfutile Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2020
    No idea if this will work but wanted to mention my experience with getting the backlight to stay on.  I just bought a Nitro 5.  It comes with 'NitroSense' preinstalled, which is an app that monitors the device (fans, temps and such).  In the NitroSense app is a setting called "Backlight off after 30 seconds" and mine was turned on.  I turned it off and now my backlight is always on.  Perhaps NitroSense can be downloaded and installed on any Acer?  If so, perhaps this setting will work with your backlight?  Again, I have no idea if it will work but thought it might be worth a shot for those annoyed by the backlight turning off (I know I was). 
  • billsey
    Nitrosense only works on selected models.
  • Wei_Wong
    Wei_Wong Member Posts: 1 New User

Restart laptop, press F2 to enter BIOS. Disable backlit keyboard timeout —> backlit keyboard will always be on.