My Acer Nitro 5 shut off and won’t start back up

TMDark
TMDark Member Posts: 6 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
I was playing games on my acer nitro 5 and mid game it just randomly shut off and the charger cord stopped working for it and we aren’t too sure what happened does anyone know what happened and how we can fix it.

Best Answer

• TMDark
    Answer ✓
    I went to Best Buy for them to check it out and they said it was either a battery problem or a motherboard issue in which one of them died.

Answers

• TMDark
    To add on to that it worked again 2 days later, and I cleaned the fans, but then once again after 30 minutes it shut off to a black screen.
  • MihaiEVO
    MihaiEVO Member Posts: 72 Devotee WiFi Icon
    It might be a thermal issue. Check your temperatures using HWiNFO64. Install it and click sensors. Drop me a screenshot.
    If you still can't start it up, send it to warranty as soon as possible. It might be a hardware issue, those you can't easily fix at home. You have 12 month warranty for the power adapter, and 24 months for the actual laptop. If your warranty isn't available go to a service center and try asking them to repair it.
  • TMDark
    My computer hasn’t been working since then so I haven’t been able to test it but will test it if it works again
  • TMDark
    Sorry but since then I haven’t been able to get the computer to start up
  • Hahaha
    Hahaha Member Posts: 243 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Assuming it's under warranty, it would be better to take it to an authorised service centre. Hardware failure aside, it is not clear why this happened because the CPU should have automatically shut down at high temperature without sustaining damage. 
    What happens when you try to charge it? Does the charging LED light up?
  • TMDark
    The charging led never lights up. And so it’s just been dead for about a week now and our hardware warranty ran out a few months ago
  • TMDark
    Answer ✓
    I went to Best Buy for them to check it out and they said it was either a battery problem or a motherboard issue in which one of them died.