¿What can i do if a Nitro 5 doesn't suspend or turn off correctly?

HeinzDBV
HeinzDBV Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
The problem is that when i try to suspend or turn off the laptop, it doesn't stop properly and the indicator is still saying that the computer it's still on. And it don't let me restart windows, so i have to keep pressing the start button to shut it down. I have problems with suspension and turning off of the laptop and i have done almost everything to solve that, but nothing works. I tried with management of the battery, updating drivers and BIOS, commands for processes of the battery of windows that probably are the origin of the problem, but nothing. I know that files or the hard drive can get corrupted if i continue shutting down it pressing the start button to force a shutdown (If someone can explain me it in detail, i'll be grateful). 
So... please help. I found that restarting the Bios can work but before trying that y prefer to contact acer support and ask you for help. 

Answers

• What is the notebook model? Example an515-51-75kz. Does the problem continue to occur when you disable fastboot on bios and fast startup on power options?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • HeinzDBV

Tinkerer

It's a Nitro AN515-52-545x. I've done the fast startup on power options, but not disable the fastboot on Bios. I'll try it and leave an update. But if you have some information extra that can help me with it, i'll be grateful.
  • HeinzDBV

Tinkerer

What is the notebook model? Example an515-51-75kz. Does the problem continue to occur when you disable fastboot on bios and fast startup on power options?
    I actually cannot find a video that helps me disable the fastboot on Bios. Can you tell me how can i do it?
  • HeinzDBV

Tinkerer

What is the notebook model? Example an515-51-75kz. Does the problem continue to occur when you disable fastboot on bios and fast startup on power options?
    I just found how to quote. Here is my first message: It's a Nitro AN515-52-545x. I've done the fast startup on power options, but not disable the fastboot on Bios. I'll try it and leave an update. But if you have some information extra that can help me with it, i'll be grateful.
  • To disable fast boot, access the bios and go to the main tab. There should be some function called fast boot and disable it. Not all models offer this function. If the problem still occurs, try updating the video card drivers on the intel and nvidia websites.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • HeinzDBV

Tinkerer

To disable fast boot, access the bios and go to the main tab. There should be some function called fast boot and disable it. Not all models offer this function. If the problem still occurs, try updating the video card drivers on the intel and nvidia websites.
    Okay. Let me try it, i'll post an update.
  • HeinzDBV

Tinkerer

To disable fast boot, access the bios and go to the main tab. There should be some function called fast boot and disable it. Not all models offer this function. If the problem still occurs, try updating the video card drivers on the intel and nvidia websites.

Well. I did it and works for a while, but it happened again. It worked correctly until today. I update drivers, disable fast boot and everything you told me to. At least it happens less often. What can i do?
  • So is the problem still occurring? What is the version of the bios? Have you updated the drivers on the intel and nvidia websites?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HeinzDBV

Tinkerer

edited July 2020
    So is the problem still occurring? What is the version of the bios? Have you updated the drivers on the intel and nvidia websites?
    The bios version is 1.26, i just found on the drivers page the 1.28. I'll try with that. And yes, i've update with intel, then with windows and with nvidia. Wait for me to comment again. 
    Edit: Sorry, misunderstanding. Bios is updated. I don't know what to do. 
  • It is possible that a device, service, or program is preventing hibernation or suspension. Try pressing windows + r and type msconfig. Then go into services, hide microsoft services and disable them all. Then restart windows and check if the problem still occurs.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HeinzDBV

Tinkerer

It is possible that a device, service, or program is preventing hibernation or suspension. Try pressing windows + r and type msconfig. Then go into services, hide microsoft services and disable them all. Then restart windows and check if the problem still occurs.
    Even the Intel and Nvidia services? I don't know if it can make a problem if i disable them.
  • Yes, disable all services and programs. This will not uninstall the programs, but only disable them from starting windows.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HeinzDBV

Tinkerer

Yes, disable all services and programs. This will not uninstall the programs, but only disable them from starting windows.
    Okay, wait for me to update.
  • Did the procedure solve the problem?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HeinzDBV

Tinkerer

Did the procedure solve the problem?
    For the moment, i tried it first and it happened again but then, two days after, it's okay. My problem doesn't happen always, is a probability, and it makes it worst.
  • The same problem occurs, when you reinstall windows, pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HeinzDBV

Tinkerer

The same problem occurs, when you reinstall windows, pressing alt + f10 before the acer logo?
    I haven't try it yet, does it uninstall all my programs and erase all my data? To prepare myself.(I just suspend the laptop once more and it didn't work, but then it shut down properly)
  • Yes my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• HeinzDBV

Tinkerer

Pff. Then... let me prepare. I'm in classes and need my information. I'll post an update when can do it. Thank you, by the way.
  • ok my friend.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer