Memory upgrade for Desktop Aspire AXC-603G-UW15

Options
NASCAR91765
NASCAR91765 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Hello! I want to upgrade the RAM from 4GB to 8 GB. My desktop has two memory slots but when I remove the original stick and put the new ones in, the computer doesn't recognize them. The sticks are identical, save for the two new ones are new and the old one is old. I went by the exact specs the guys at Micro Center told me to get after looking up my model to make sure. I'm at the end of my rope. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you send some photos of the rams memories?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • NASCAR91765
    Options
    Here is the new memory.
  • NASCAR91765
    Options
    Do I need to do anything in Windows 10 to let the computer know I'm upgrading *before* I install it? I've tried both new sticks together and separately in each slot and nothing. It only works on the old stick. Thanks!
  • Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Do I need to do anything in Windows 10 to let the computer know I'm upgrading *before* I install it? I've tried both new sticks together and separately in each slot and nothing. It only works on the old stick. Thanks!
    Try to get low voltage DDR3L- 1.35V 1333  dual channel memory modules (using two 4 GB modules) and it should work.

SODIMM 4G ACR16D3LSI1KFG/4G DDR3L 1.35V  with part number KN.4GB07.015
    SODIMM 4G HMT451S6AFR8A-PB DDR3L 1.35V  with part number KN.4GB0G.022

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    The DDR3 SO-DIMM uses 1.5V, and the DDR3L S0-DIMM uses 1.35V
  • NASCAR91765
    Options
    So I was thwarted by the letter "O" and the number "0"...lol! Thanks all! I had no idea. Very much appreciated. :)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You are welcome. 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)