Can I upgrade the video card of my aspire 7

Options
Eduard999
Eduard999 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,
Could anyone advice me, is it possible to upgrade graphic card of my acer aspire 7 
Here are the specs:
Model:Aspire 7 A715-71G-53BE
Intel Core i5-7300HQ 2.5GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti with 4GB GDDR5 Dedicated VRAM
8GB DDR4 Memory
1000GB HDD

Thanks in advance and stay safe :) 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,165 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    I don't think you can upgrade the GPU in this model because it's soldered to the motherboard.
  • Eduard999
    Options
    Thanks for the help, and one more question. Could I at least upgrade RAM and the add SDD?
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    Yes, ram, ssd and hdd are upgradable.
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Eduard999
    Options
    Thanks a lot
  • batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Options
    You are welcome!
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Rixter
    Rixter Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Im having the same issue with my Aspire 7 A715-71 (A715-71G)
    Acer customer support as well as Acer technical support advised me to go to a place (like Best Buy) and have their Geek Squad look to see exactly what my current motherboard can handle (because they dont have that precise information in order to tell me) and either upgrade my video card to match it, or get an upgraded motherboard and then upgrade the video card to match it.
    Which at this point, I will try and get a motherboard without integration so going forward I will not have this issue (if that's an option) Ill know after all of my upgrades come in UPS tomorrow (M.2 SSD and 32BD (2 sticks of 16GB) and go see them and have them install it for me.
    So Ill know my options better tomorrow as far as the video card-motherboard goes.
    Acer customer support as well as Acer technical support advised me to go to a place (like Best Buy) and have their Geek Squad look to see exactly what my current motherboard can handle (because they dont have that precise information in order to tell me) and either upgrade my video card to match it, or get an upgraded motherboard and then upgrade the video card to match it.
    Which at this point, I will try and get a motherboard without integration so going forward I will not have this issue (if that's an option) Ill know after all of my upgrades come in UPS tomorrow (M.2 SSD and 32BD (2 sticks of 16GB) and go see them and have them install it for me.
    So Ill know my options better tomorrow as far as the video card-motherboard goes.
    Good luck, I hope you find a solution.