My XB273K was working fine, then an NVIDIA update happened.

moonrakerone
moonrakerone Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I was running my monitor in HDR mode, and it was working fine. Then, the latest GeForce update happened and now it only works fine in SDR mode, when I run it in HDR mode from windows settings, it shows a solid bluish-green color with nothing else.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Sounds like NVIDIA 'fixed' something. :( Try running it by their support and in the mean time maybe you can roll the driver back.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • NYanakiev
    NYanakiev Member Posts: 1 New User
    I was running my monitor in HDR mode, and it was working fine. Then, the latest GeForce update happened and now it only works fine in SDR mode, when I run it in HDR mode from windows settings, it shows a solid bluish-green color with nothing else.
    I have a similar issue. Started seeing screen flickering after the latest geforce update (when HDR is enabled); this only happened in Windows, rather than in-game. The issue disappeared once I rolled back to a previous driver.
  • STOPchris
    STOPchris Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon
    The HDR on the monitor is marketing nonsense anyway. It is not real HDR. It essentially is a re-branded "dynamic contrast".
  • Trillium
    Trillium Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2020
    Hi,
    I have the same problem. Had to go back to driver 446.14 from May 27th.
    There is a problem I have had from the beginning though. (Windows 10) My HDR in certain scenes is striated . I had to take a picture with my camera as screen cap did not work with netflix. The issue is the horizontal striation. Frustrating as this is a nice monitor but I really have a difficult time with 4K HDR. I think the rest of the system is up to it. Two GeForce 1080s, Display Port.  

Thanks, Joe